Options for creating virtual tour?

  • stevenkan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
      I currently have this crude map-and-pano page, based on 1990s-style frames:

      http://kan.org/Eastvale/AerialFrames.html

      The left frame is a client-side image map targetted to the panos in the right frame, which are QTVR .mov. All the underlying formats can be changed if necessary.

      Are there any good, cheap/free options for making the map more interactive? I'd like to have, at a minimum, some indication of which spot on the map is being viewed.

      I'd _really_ like some indication of which direction the pano is currently facing, and have that update as the visitor pans around.

      Can SpinControlVR do things like this? This is a one-time project for personal use, so I can't pay for professional-grade software, but I'm not opposed to paying $50-$100 if it will save me time and produce a better result.

      The target audience is a very small group of architects who will be bidding on a remodeling/landscape job, one of whom will win the project and do the design.

      Thanks!
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2010
        If you are willing to spend $50+ dollars on software that allows you to do
        things well... you should have a look at:
        http://flashpanoramas.com/player
        http://flashpanoramas.com/forum
        (less than $60)

        If you do, you will have access to all these free plugins (and more):
        http://wirestam.com/panos/Flash/plugins/
        Here a sample of the google plugin:
        http://wirestam.com/panos/Flash/plugins/gpmap2.html

        Hope this helps.

        Trausti

        On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:42 AM, stevenkan <steven@...> wrote:

        > I currently have this crude map-and-pano page, based on 1990s-style frames:
        >
        > http://kan.org/Eastvale/AerialFrames.html
        >
        > The left frame is a client-side image map targetted to the panos in the
        > right frame, which are QTVR .mov. All the underlying formats can be changed
        > if necessary.
        >
        > Are there any good, cheap/free options for making the map more interactive?
        > I'd like to have, at a minimum, some indication of which spot on the map is
        > being viewed.
        >
        > I'd _really_ like some indication of which direction the pano is currently
        > facing, and have that update as the visitor pans around.
        >
        > Can SpinControlVR do things like this? This is a one-time project for
        > personal use, so I can't pay for professional-grade software, but I'm not
        > opposed to paying $50-$100 if it will save me time and produce a better
        > result.
        >
        > The target audience is a very small group of architects who will be bidding
        > on a remodeling/landscape job, one of whom will win the project and do the
        > design.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2010
          On 1/3/10 12:14 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

          > If you do, you will have access to all these free plugins (and more):
          > http://wirestam.com/panos/Flash/plugins/
          > Here a sample of the google plugin:
          > http://wirestam.com/panos/Flash/plugins/gpmap2.html

          Are any of these plugins accessible to Flashificator?

          --

          Uri Cogan
          http://www.uricogan.com

          *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***
        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2010
            As of now, only 2 of these are implemented as of now (picMenu and
            logoMeter), but more are to be added, most notably the google maps plugin.

            Trausti