Re: [PanoToolsNG] oh God they're using GSV already :-(

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
      Sometime around 2/1/10 (at 04:32 -0800) Wim Koornneef said:

      >well choosen
      >combination of words to pimp there products up to a "higher level".

      Yes, there is definitely a lot of "pimp my art" going on in this
      industry. Sometimes the descriptions really *are* the most creative
      thing. :-)

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        montreal based artist jon rafman has been working on a series of
        photographic pieces that use images
        sourced from google�s street view map system. afman has selected odd and
        intriguing still frames
        captured by the car-mounted cameras google uses to take images of cities
        with. each work is mounted
        and blown up to larger scale for the final presentation. rafman isn�t the
        original photographer but instead
        searches through google street views, taking screenshots of images. he
        explains, �the world captured by
        google appears to be more truthful and more transparent because of the
        weight accorded to external
        reality, the perception of a neutral, unbiased recording, and even the
        vastness of the project�.
        ----

        >well choosen
        > >combination of words to pimp there products up to a "higher level".

        I reject New Topography
        Please, go and watch Wim Veinders'movie Lisbon Story once again.
        And two times the worlds by Manoel de Oliveira. at the end of the movie.
        My friend Lewis Baltz, however would find it "interesting". Let's ask him...