Re: [PanoToolsNG] oh God they're using GSV already :-(

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hello Keith,

      You made your point ;-) and you are right, it is impossible to discuss if
      something is art or not because Art is in the mind of the beholder.

      I found the words that described the use of GSV for art funny and over the
      top. When I read this kind of text (this author isn't unique for doing so) I
      always have the feeling that those people are using there well choosen
      combination of words to pimp there products up to a "higher level".
      Making people accept this is for me real Art :-)

      Wim

      Keith Martin-2 wrote:

      > ....I don't feel that it is *not* art.....

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        Sometime around 2/1/10 (at 04:32 -0800) Wim Koornneef said:

        >well choosen
        >combination of words to pimp there products up to a "higher level".

        Yes, there is definitely a lot of "pimp my art" going on in this
        industry. Sometimes the descriptions really *are* the most creative
        thing. :-)

      • luca vascon
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
          montreal based artist jon rafman has been working on a series of
          photographic pieces that use images
          sourced from google�s street view map system. afman has selected odd and
          intriguing still frames
          captured by the car-mounted cameras google uses to take images of cities
          with. each work is mounted
          and blown up to larger scale for the final presentation. rafman isn�t the
          original photographer but instead
          searches through google street views, taking screenshots of images. he
          explains, �the world captured by
          google appears to be more truthful and more transparent because of the
          weight accorded to external
          reality, the perception of a neutral, unbiased recording, and even the
          vastness of the project�.
          ----

          >well choosen
          > >combination of words to pimp there products up to a "higher level".

          I reject New Topography
          Please, go and watch Wim Veinders'movie Lisbon Story once again.
          And two times the worlds by Manoel de Oliveira. at the end of the movie.
          My friend Lewis Baltz, however would find it "interesting". Let's ask him...