Re: Announcement: PTStitcherNG0.4b

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 2, 2010
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

      > Speed is blazingly fast. I think i can observe a significant speed
      > increase from the -d parameter. The timings for a test panorama (8x12MP
      > images, 12000x6000 output) are:
      > - 427 sec for PTGui stitcher
      > - 77,6 sec for StitcherNG_cpu (Win95 compatible, 1 core)
      > - 17,6 sec for StitcherNG_cuda (24 times faster than PTGui, tried it
      > several times as i couldn't believe)

      The builtin timer of PTStitcherNG records the time until the last image is blended. If you use the option "-d", the final writeout to the image file is not counted, which might add 2-3sec to your result. Without "-d", the image is written as soon as the timer stops.

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch
    • stan
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2010
        I am a new Hugin User and I have encountered a vexing problem.
        I have a six sequence set of long distance pictures taken in Alaska of the Wrangel-St Elias National Park. When I use CS3 to stitch the result is fairly pleasing (color and exposure wise).
        However, when I used Hugin and select optimize "Exposure", the "Blend" across the sequence is weird. The anchor pic (pic 1) is VERY much lighter than the other five and there is a obvious blend seam. The exposure for pictures 2 thru 6 are uniform (somewhat dark, but uniform). The exposure for pic 1 is pleasing but is much brighter than the other five.
        HELP!!!!!
        Stan