Re: [PanoToolsNG] Happy New Year from the Alps

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
      Matthias - bravo!
      :) Bostjan

      --- On Fri, 1/1/10, Matthias Taugwalder <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

      From: Matthias Taugwalder <matthias.taugwalder@...>
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Happy New Year from the Alps
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 11:39 PM

      Hi all

      I wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!

      Today, I finally put my new homepage online: alps360.ch -

      http://www.alps360 ch .

      It features interactive VR panoramas, but also high-resolution

      gigapixel panoramas from some of the highest mountain summits in the

      Alps. Currently there is only a fraction of my panorama archive

      online, but during the next few weeks I hope to get more "panoramic

      pearls" online.

      The loading speed of the image tiles will be improved. I am still

      working on the fine-tuning of the site and correcting some minor

      display problems. But in spite of that I am sure that these images

      will already take your breath away... ;)

      P.S: If you want to stay connected and kept posted on updates, you can

      also find and join alps360.ch on Facebook -

      http://www.facebook .com/pages/ alps360ch/ 224845228931 .

      Greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias

      --

      Matthias Taugwalder

      matthias.taugwalder @...

    • b_dohrmann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hi Matthias,

        your new site has a nice and up-to-date optic, congrats.

        I am also thinking about a new style for www.360bilder.de
        so thanks for inspiration and sharing your great work.

        all the best
        Bernd

        http://www.360bilder.de

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Matthias Taugwalder <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!
        >
        > Today, I finally put my new homepage online: alps360.ch -
        > http://www.alps360.ch .
      • Paul Fretheim
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
          Happy New Year to you Mattias from the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains
          of California!

          Not so well presented or as good as your Alps work, but here is a link
          to some images at my web site. I have been working for 7 years
          collecting panoramic images in the Sierras and I finished the core of my
          work for my new products on the Sierra on New Year's Eve at 1:36 a.m.,
          so now I proceed to creating the product packaging and doing the
          marketing work so my products will be on the shelves in the stores for
          the upcoming tourist season!

          The penultimate Sierra Nevada climber, Norman Clyde, used to teach rock
          climbing on the peak named Temple Crag that is pictured in one of the
          panos linked to below. He is famous for having around 1,000 first
          summits in the Sierra, including several first ascents of 14,000 foot
          peaks. He once climbed Temple Crag every day for 30 consecutive days, a
          record that still stands some 80 years later!

          Paul Fretheim
          http://inyopro.com/venice_2.html
        • Bernhard Vogl
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
            Hello Matthias,

            Indeed - breathtaking images! And a very well done page layout!
            One minor thing i noticed: If the Google ads are displayed, the box on
            the left is too small and with IE8, the switch for HDView is not working.

            Best regards
            Bernhard