Re: [PanoToolsNG] Announcement: PTStitcherNG0.4b

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2010
      Sometime around 1/1/10 (at 12:27 -0800) Wim Koornneef said:

      >My reply was incomplete, my camera is set in portrait mode but the images are
      >in landscape position, hence the need of rotation by the script.

      Thanks for this - I rotate a set of images in Photoshop into
      landscape mode, brought them into PTGui, then rotated the Roll value
      in the Image Parameters tab. Stitching went without a hitch.

      This isn't really a *good* solution as far as ongoing workflow is
      concerned, but of course that's not really what we're doing here. :-)

      For the record and the argument, I don't want to have to keep my
      images in landscape mode: they're all shot in portrait orientation,
      and it is hard(er) to sort through multiples and spares if they're
      visually on their side when I'm sorting through them before importing
      to PTGui. I don't use auto-rotation sensing as I also shoot nadirs
      and that confuses things (and me).

      Good to know how I can keep playing with the beta right now though!

    • stan
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2010
        I am a new Hugin User and I have encountered a vexing problem.
        I have a six sequence set of long distance pictures taken in Alaska of the Wrangel-St Elias National Park. When I use CS3 to stitch the result is fairly pleasing (color and exposure wise).
        However, when I used Hugin and select optimize "Exposure", the "Blend" across the sequence is weird. The anchor pic (pic 1) is VERY much lighter than the other five and there is a obvious blend seam. The exposure for pictures 2 thru 6 are uniform (somewhat dark, but uniform). The exposure for pic 1 is pleasing but is much brighter than the other five.
        HELP!!!!!
        Stan