Happy New Year from the Alps

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi all

      I wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!

      Today, I finally put my new homepage online: alps360.ch -
      http://www.alps360.ch .

      It features interactive VR panoramas, but also high-resolution
      gigapixel panoramas from some of the highest mountain summits in the
      Alps. Currently there is only a fraction of my panorama archive
      online, but during the next few weeks I hope to get more "panoramic
      pearls" online.

      The loading speed of the image tiles will be improved. I am still
      working on the fine-tuning of the site and correcting some minor
      display problems. But in spite of that I am sure that these images
      will already take your breath away... ;)

      P.S: If you want to stay connected and kept posted on updates, you can
      also find and join alps360.ch on Facebook -
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/alps360ch/224845228931 .

      Greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
        Matthias - bravo!
        :) Bostjan

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
          Hi Matthias,

          your new site has a nice and up-to-date optic, congrats.

          I am also thinking about a new style for www.360bilder.de
          so thanks for inspiration and sharing your great work.

          all the best
          Bernd

          http://www.360bilder.de

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Matthias Taugwalder <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I wish you all a Happy New Year and all the best for 2010!
          >
          > Today, I finally put my new homepage online: alps360.ch -
          > http://www.alps360.ch .
        • Paul Fretheim
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2010
            Happy New Year to you Mattias from the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains
            of California!

            Not so well presented or as good as your Alps work, but here is a link
            to some images at my web site. I have been working for 7 years
            collecting panoramic images in the Sierras and I finished the core of my
            work for my new products on the Sierra on New Year's Eve at 1:36 a.m.,
            so now I proceed to creating the product packaging and doing the
            marketing work so my products will be on the shelves in the stores for
            the upcoming tourist season!

            The penultimate Sierra Nevada climber, Norman Clyde, used to teach rock
            climbing on the peak named Temple Crag that is pictured in one of the
            panos linked to below. He is famous for having around 1,000 first
            summits in the Sierra, including several first ascents of 14,000 foot
            peaks. He once climbed Temple Crag every day for 30 consecutive days, a
            record that still stands some 80 years later!

            Paul Fretheim
            http://inyopro.com/venice_2.html
          • Bernhard Vogl
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2010
              Hello Matthias,

              Indeed - breathtaking images! And a very well done page layout!
              One minor thing i noticed: If the Google ads are displayed, the box on
              the left is too small and with IE8, the switch for HDView is not working.

              Best regards
              Bernhard