Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Samyang lens and PTGui

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
      On Jan 1, 2010, at 8:05 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

      > Hi Rob,
      >
      > You're good at asking questions, which is GREAT. However you need to be
      > equally good at following the resulting advice you get from people.
      >
      > So, here is the answer: RTFM :-) Read the PTGui documentation!!!! it is
      > extremely well-written and will answer many more questions than you have at
      > this point. If you DON'T read the PTGui documentation, you're wasting lots
      > of people's time asking questions that have already been answered for you.

      Eric S. Raymond, one of the leading people in the open-source/hacker community, has a great essay titled "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". It could be very useful for anyone who has lots of questions 8-) Find it at:

      I wish it existed back when I was a mere youngling in grad school. I remember having many questions I wanted to ask the computer jockeys/hackers. After about two simple questions, they would just point to the shelves of manuals and say RTFM - and not using the acronym, LOL! I guess it shows my age that there were many shelves filled with impenetrable paper manuals on all things computerese.

      Enjoy,

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...