Re: [PanoToolsNG] Announcement: PTStitcherNG0.4b

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2010
      Right Keith, everyone should remember that it is beta software.
      Beta software is for testing. We are testing it.

      It won't be done until it's finished -- or something like that.

      Keith Martin wrote:
      > Sometime around 1/1/10 (at 10:15 -0800) Wim Koornneef said:
      >
      >> I suggest that you post a message on the PTStitcherNG0.4b topic on the
      >> PanotoolsNG forum.
      >
      > Hmm. Didn't this go to an appropriate thread there? :-)
      >
      >> Or perhaps Joost is willing to do some research why a valid script is
      >> not working with PTStitcherNG.
      >
      > One problem is likely to be that the new software is in fast-moving
      > beta stage. That's *very* exciting, but it does complicate matters.
      > I'm wondering whether the crop-circle issue is to do with unfinished
      > or missing things in PTStitcherNG that will be dealt with in time?
      >
      > Fingers crossed!

    • stan
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2010
        I am a new Hugin User and I have encountered a vexing problem.
        I have a six sequence set of long distance pictures taken in Alaska of the Wrangel-St Elias National Park. When I use CS3 to stitch the result is fairly pleasing (color and exposure wise).
        However, when I used Hugin and select optimize "Exposure", the "Blend" across the sequence is weird. The anchor pic (pic 1) is VERY much lighter than the other five and there is a obvious blend seam. The exposure for pictures 2 thru 6 are uniform (somewhat dark, but uniform). The exposure for pic 1 is pleasing but is much brighter than the other five.
        HELP!!!!!
        Stan