Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Samyang lens and PTGui

  • Uri Cogan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
      On 1/1/10 7:41 AM, Abraham Kielcz wrote:

      > Let say, when you aligned images and want check if alignment is good

      Look at the Control Points Table, it will let you know. You can erase
      the worst offenders, place new control points if necessary, and run the
      Optimizer again until it will report "Good" or "Very Good".

      Use the Preview function in PTGui. Set the preview width to something
      like 3000 pixels and you will get a slow, but fairly high resolution
      preview of your panorama.

      You can also let PTGui do its job and output the final equirectangular
      pano that you can feed back to PTGui Pro (Tools/Convert to QTVR/cubic)
      and quickly create a QTVR panorama at the resolution that you specified.

      And as Jeffrey wrote earlier:

      RTFM :-) Read the PTGui documentation!!!! it is extremely well-written
      and will answer many more questions than you have at this point.

      Also:

      1. Go to Google.com
      2. Enter the search term "PTGui Tutorial"
      3. Go explore!

      Happy New Year!
      --

      Uri Cogan
      http://www.uricogan.com

      *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***

    • panostar
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@... wrote:

        > you can't as far as I know zoom in on the panorama editor.

        No, you can't. You can just drag the window out to fill the screen and make the angle of view smaller. But the alignment and blending are only approximate. Short cuts are made in the processing so as to refresh the screen as quickly as possible. Zooming in would not really gain you much.

        John
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
          On Jan 1, 2010, at 8:05 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

          > Hi Rob,
          >
          > You're good at asking questions, which is GREAT. However you need to be
          > equally good at following the resulting advice you get from people.
          >
          > So, here is the answer: RTFM :-) Read the PTGui documentation!!!! it is
          > extremely well-written and will answer many more questions than you have at
          > this point. If you DON'T read the PTGui documentation, you're wasting lots
          > of people's time asking questions that have already been answered for you.

          Eric S. Raymond, one of the leading people in the open-source/hacker community, has a great essay titled "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". It could be very useful for anyone who has lots of questions 8-) Find it at:

          I wish it existed back when I was a mere youngling in grad school. I remember having many questions I wanted to ask the computer jockeys/hackers. After about two simple questions, they would just point to the shelves of manuals and say RTFM - and not using the acronym, LOL! I guess it shows my age that there were many shelves filled with impenetrable paper manuals on all things computerese.

          Enjoy,

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...