Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Samyang lens and PTGui

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
      Quoting Abraham Kielcz <roblee007@...>:

      > Let say, when you aligned images and want check if alignment is good
      you can't as far as I know zoom in on the panorama editor. you should rely on
      the control point distance but you can generally see if something is off unless
      you are using an itsy bitsy teeny weeny monitor.
      mick

    • Paulo Fernandes
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
        Or you can use the preview tab for a quick render, it isn't the best
        way but it should give you an idea if something is completly off.

        But you should learn to use the optimizer results as a indication if
        something is wrong, aim for a distance at least bellow 10px.

        Com os melhores cumprimentos,

        Paulo Fernandes
        Multimedia

        Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
        Sent from my mobile phone.
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
        e Multimédia
        Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
        4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
        Tel. +351 252 119 375
        Fax. +351 252 119 375
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

        No dia 2010/01/01, às 16:21, crane@... escreveu:

        > Quoting Abraham Kielcz <roblee007@...>:
        >
        > > Let say, when you aligned images and want check if alignment is good
        > you can't as far as I know zoom in on the panorama editor. you
        > should rely on
        > the control point distance but you can generally see if something is
        > off unless
        > you are using an itsy bitsy teeny weeny monitor.
        > mick

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
          Or you could make a preview image and zoom in the viewer.....

          crane@... wrote:
          > Quoting Abraham Kielcz <roblee007@...>:
          >
          >> Let say, when you aligned images and want check if alignment is good
          > you can't as far as I know zoom in on the panorama editor. you should rely on
          > the control point distance but you can generally see if something is off unless
          > you are using an itsy bitsy teeny weeny monitor.
          > mick

        • Uri Cogan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
            On 1/1/10 7:41 AM, Abraham Kielcz wrote:

            > Let say, when you aligned images and want check if alignment is good

            Look at the Control Points Table, it will let you know. You can erase
            the worst offenders, place new control points if necessary, and run the
            Optimizer again until it will report "Good" or "Very Good".

            Use the Preview function in PTGui. Set the preview width to something
            like 3000 pixels and you will get a slow, but fairly high resolution
            preview of your panorama.

            You can also let PTGui do its job and output the final equirectangular
            pano that you can feed back to PTGui Pro (Tools/Convert to QTVR/cubic)
            and quickly create a QTVR panorama at the resolution that you specified.

            And as Jeffrey wrote earlier:

            RTFM :-) Read the PTGui documentation!!!! it is extremely well-written
            and will answer many more questions than you have at this point.

            Also:

            1. Go to Google.com
            2. Enter the search term "PTGui Tutorial"
            3. Go explore!

            Happy New Year!
            --

            Uri Cogan
            http://www.uricogan.com

            *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***

          • panostar
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@... wrote:

              > you can't as far as I know zoom in on the panorama editor.

              No, you can't. You can just drag the window out to fill the screen and make the angle of view smaller. But the alignment and blending are only approximate. Short cuts are made in the processing so as to refresh the screen as quickly as possible. Zooming in would not really gain you much.

              John
            • John Riley
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2010
                On Jan 1, 2010, at 8:05 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote:

                > Hi Rob,
                >
                > You're good at asking questions, which is GREAT. However you need to be
                > equally good at following the resulting advice you get from people.
                >
                > So, here is the answer: RTFM :-) Read the PTGui documentation!!!! it is
                > extremely well-written and will answer many more questions than you have at
                > this point. If you DON'T read the PTGui documentation, you're wasting lots
                > of people's time asking questions that have already been answered for you.

                Eric S. Raymond, one of the leading people in the open-source/hacker community, has a great essay titled "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". It could be very useful for anyone who has lots of questions 8-) Find it at:

                I wish it existed back when I was a mere youngling in grad school. I remember having many questions I wanted to ask the computer jockeys/hackers. After about two simple questions, they would just point to the shelves of manuals and say RTFM - and not using the acronym, LOL! I guess it shows my age that there were many shelves filled with impenetrable paper manuals on all things computerese.

                Enjoy,

                John

                John Riley
                johnriley@...