Re: [PanoToolsNG] Announcement: PTStitcherNG0.4b

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 31, 2009
      Thank you, Helmut, and also a happy new 2010 to you and all readers of
      this list!

      Stitcher works fine in compabitility mode on Win7. I was able to run the
      stitcher without compability mode once but subsequent calls crashed the
      application again (i noticed that with the first version but this time i
      was able to replay the behavior).

      PTGui integration is now possible, that's very nice! However, i still
      think that the TIFF_m paramter is differently interpreted as in other
      panotools(-compatible) versions: AFAIK all stitchers produce multiple
      TIFF files while StitcherNG writes a single multipage file.

      Speed is blazingly fast. I think i can observe a significant speed
      increase from the -d parameter. The timings for a test panorama (8x12MP
      images, 12000x6000 output) are:
      - 427 sec for PTGui stitcher
      - 77,6 sec for StitcherNG_cpu (Win95 compatible, 1 core)
      - 17,6 sec for StitcherNG_cuda (24 times faster than PTGui, tried it
      several times as i couldn't believe)

      Best regards
      Bernhard
    • stan
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 8, 2010
        I am a new Hugin User and I have encountered a vexing problem.
        I have a six sequence set of long distance pictures taken in Alaska of the Wrangel-St Elias National Park. When I use CS3 to stitch the result is fairly pleasing (color and exposure wise).
        However, when I used Hugin and select optimize "Exposure", the "Blend" across the sequence is weird. The anchor pic (pic 1) is VERY much lighter than the other five and there is a obvious blend seam. The exposure for pictures 2 thru 6 are uniform (somewhat dark, but uniform). The exposure for pic 1 is pleasing but is much brighter than the other five.
        HELP!!!!!
        Stan