Zeiss lenses

  • RobLee
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
      I am looking for a converter to use Contax RTS lenses on Nikon DSLR. Does anyone know where can I buy it?
      Thank you!

      RobLee

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
        Am 31.12.2009 15:51, schrieb RobLee:

        > I am looking for a converter to use Contax RTS lenses on Nikon DSLR. Does anyone know where can I buy it?

        I doubt there is something like that. The flange back distance of Nikon
        is pretty large, larger than most other cameras, hence there is no room
        for an adapter. You would indeed need a converter with an additional
        lens, but this changes focal length and most probably spoils the high
        quality of the Contax lens.

        Use a Canon DSLR instead. Canon flange back distance allows to adapt
        most other lenses ;-)

      • RobLee
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
          I heard that there is an adapter for Hasseblad lenses.

          RobLee

          Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
            Am 31.12.2009 16:29, schrieb RobLee:
            > I heard that there is an adapter for Hasseblad lenses.

            Might be. These are medium format lenses with a much larger flange back
            distance. Hasselblad lenses should be very good, but since medium format
            lenses are designed for a larger format and hence for less resolution
            there is a small risk that they don't meet the resolution of your DSLR.

          • Fernando Chaves
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
              Quoting Erik Krause <erik.krausexgmx.de>:

              > Am 31.12.2009 16:29, schrieb RobLee:
              >> I heard that there is an adapter for Hasseblad lenses.
              >
              > Might be. These are medium format lenses with a much larger flange back
              > distance. Hasselblad lenses should be very good, but since medium format
              > lenses are designed for a larger format and hence for less resolution
              > there is a small risk that they don't meet the resolution of your DSLR.
              >
              > --
              > Erik Krause

              Hi,
              I bought some of these five years ago:

              http://www.zenit-camera.com/adapters.htm

              http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/hasselblad_nikon_adapter.htm

              Happy MMX

              Fernando

              --
              Fernando Chaves
              1 514 667-6281
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 31, 2009
                With Leica you can convert mounts to Nikon, no adapter but mount conversion.
                With medium format you can buy adapters...
                http://www.adrianololli.com/listino.asp?CAT=FOT&SUB=B
                In other cases, adapers with lenses will degrade the image and add
                multiplier factor.

                2009/12/31 Fernando Chaves <fc@...>

                > Quoting Erik Krause <erik.krausexgmx.de>:
                >
                > > Am 31.12.2009 16:29, schrieb RobLee:
                > >> I heard that there is an adapter for Hasseblad lenses.
                > >
                > > Might be. These are medium format lenses with a much larger flange back
                > > distance. Hasselblad lenses should be very good, but since medium format
                > > lenses are designed for a larger format and hence for less resolution
                > > there is a small risk that they don't meet the resolution of your DSLR.
                > >
                > > --
                > > Erik Krause
                >
                > Hi,
                > I bought some of these five years ago:
                >
                > http://www.zenit-camera.com/adapters.htm
                >
                > http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/hasselblad_nikon_adapter.htm
                >
                > Happy MMX
                >
                > Fernando
                >
                > --
                > Fernando Chaves
                > 1 514 667-6281
                > 1 514 467-9800

                Luca Vascon.

                www.canalview.it
                www.officinepanottiche.com

              • Abraham Kielcz
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2010
                  This is the best bunch of people here, EVER!
                  I'm still absorbing info you guys feed me. Maybe that's why it appears that I didn't read it. Don't you worry I'm not in your league yet, but I like this game.

                  Abraham Kielcz

                  Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2010
                    2010/1/1 Abraham Kielcz <roblee007@...>

                    > This is the best bunch of people here, EVER!
                    > I'm still absorbing info you guys feed me. Maybe that's why it appears that
                    > I didn't read it. Don't you worry I'm not in your league yet, but I like
                    > this game.
                    >
                    > Ok.
                    Book a good therapyst.
                    :-*
                    8-D
                    Welcome, we love you too!!!

                  • A Kielcz
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 12, 2010
                      I forgot to mention I also have 60mm macro lens.

                      A Kielcz

                      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

                    • luca vascon
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 13, 2010