Re: new permafrost tunnel panos

  • matt_nolan_uaf
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 28, 2009
      Bostjan, thanks for the inspiration, light painting is cool! I had never tried it before. I posted my first attempt here

      http://www.uaf.edu/water/faculty/nolan/temp/tunnel/lightpaint/tunnel_lightpaint.swf

      This was of course just for fun and not of any value except to me as my first attempt. It was done with a small bright white led maglite, with 15 second exposures. With your X21 light (on order), I can see how (with substantial practice) this could eliminate the problem with the fluorescent lights and lead to some creative images.

      I can also see enormous potential for this technique during long, dark Alaskan winters and am eager to get out of the cabin and tunnel and take panos while breathing some fresh air. I'll have to hurry as we gained 2.5 minutes of sunshine today and by next week we'll only have 20 hours of darkness per day! Now if we only had a flashlight that could darken things in the complete daylight of summer...

      I went through your cave panos again and having now tried this a bit am even more impressed by them. Having myself worked in remote and awkward conditions, I can see how many technical challenges you have overcome to make such stunningly beautiful images which give the viewer such a wonderful impression of this remote place which most of us will never see.

      Cheers,
      Matt