Re: Samyang 8mm depth of field

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > Happy NEW YEAR!
      > This lens is really surprisingly good for the money. I wanted a start point from someone who already has it.

      Rob

      Focus scales are not very relyable with digital cameras and very short lenses.
      You can use the dofmaster as a beginning point.
      http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

      From that you can see that if you set the focus at 1m you will have depth of field from 0.5m to infinity even at full aperture 3.5

      Do some test shots and see if that it is the case and if it is you just put a large peace of ducktape to lock it and you never need to touch the focus again.

      Hans