10 years of panotools

  • mariooutside
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2009
      PROFESSOR DERSCH:

      THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS CRHISTMAS GIFTS!!!!

      Bellow the message we received from you 10 years ago.

      Mario A. Rodrigues

      MESSAGE RECEIVED IN JUNE 02, 1999:

      From: Helmut Dersch
      Date: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 1:07 PM
      To: QTVR Mail list; vr-issues; panorama-l@...
      Subject: Panorama Tools 1.8b0

      I have uploaded the beta0 version for Macintosh to my site.

      New features compared to 1.7.2:

      o Stitcher can create multilayer image:
      Instead of creating one blended final image, the automatic stitcher can
      now be set to add each warped and corrected image into one separate
      layer of a Photoshop file. Additionally, a feathered mask is created
      for each image, which places the seam exactly at the middle between
      two overlapping images. If you like the panoramic image, just flatten it.
      Otherwise you can move/adjust seams/edit each image separately. The
      stitching tutorial is updated to cover this feature.

      o Photoshop Batching now works as I want it to work: The first
      transformation in a batch displays the options dialog, and all
      subsequent transformations use these options. To change options,
      rerun the filter in interactive mode.

      o Correct-tool includes Fourier transform filters:
      This is sort of a generalized convolution/sharpening tool.
      It also contains a Wiener filter, which is widely used
      in Astronomy to remove motion and other blur and sharpen out-of-focus
      images. This is probably useless until I have written up the docs,
      which will take a while.

      o Some minor changes: The stitcher script is recovered after the final
      conversion, and can be reused again (thanks to... sorry, lost the mail).
      Also, the library can be used in remote mode as requested by John Mott.
      And a couple of minor bug fixes, like better error checking etc.

      Helmut Dersch

      Spherical Panoramas, Macro Panoramas,
      Free Panorama Software:
      <http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch>