Re: How to stitch 2-shot panorama from Canon A570 with FC-E8 fisheye lens?

  • panostar
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2009
      Jan, Clearly, the camera is positioned with the entrance pupil of the lens a long way from the rotation axis, so parallax problems are inevitable. (The entrance pupil will be close to the front of the lens). The 2-shot images are difficult to stitch, though it's possible to get a result of sorts. Unfortunately, there is insufficient overlap to enable the lens parameters to be adequately evaluated, though vertical line control points can help.

      However, I suggest you improve the camera position and take three shots around, which will be vastly easier to stitch. That will enable a reliable set of lens parameters to be worked out. These can then be applied to 2-shot panos, and the paucity of control points will not then be so serious.

      John