Re: Player descriptions

  • LoveFilm
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2009
      <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:
      ...what comes will impress. What has already been done, is beyond anything we know from Flash pano players.

      --------

      So does this mean I'll need a new description? :)

      Looking forward to trying your new player when it is ready. I have already been pleased with the very quick tests I have done with CuTY and PanoSaldao 2.

      But honestly, none of the Flash players have performed well on my particular machine (Mac G5 - 1.8 GHZ, 4 GB Memory, 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT graphics). They often spin out of control, or do not respond well to mouse interaction and appear sluggish - often crashing Firefox.

      This has been very frustrating because it makes it difficult to view so many of the great panos presented by this list, since most of you all now seem to use Flash. I do know that much of the performance for Flash players lies in each viewers parameters or XML settings. And some certainly do play better than others (if I can view a Flash pano without my browser freezing, I consider that a success).

      My newer HP laptop, however, plays Flash panos much much better. But that is not my main computer.