presentation.[OT]

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
      hello,
      I have zoomify flash map, and quicktimeVR content viewed using the client's
      browser ( because I don't know how else to do it ). Various people cannot see
      all of the content.
      How is it possible to have zoomify flash content ( with hotspots ), some text
      pages and the (quicktime)VR movies + text links to other movies all on a cd so
      that everything works ?
      Powerpoint I saw mentioned somewhere the other day and I should investigate if
      that will do it.
      Can anybody suggest a way to make a self contained cd to view everything ? (
      does not strictly have to use quicktime)

      regards

      michael crane

    • Michael Hansky
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
        One idea is flash itself - convert your panroamas to flash with pano2qtvr.
        For a cdrom you can use the Flash projector which displays the .swf
        files...(without installing something)

        Other possibility would be do the project using Macromedia (Adobe)
        Director....
        where you can import Flash & QTVR afaik...

        Never done this, but could work...

        Forget Powerpoint...displaying panoramas only work with a couple of tricks
        (or does somebody know a easy solution ?)

        Michael

      • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
          Hi Michael,
          If you don't need to use the CD(s) on a Mac, then Fulvio Senore has created
          a great standalone executable that can present panoramas with hotspots from
          the Equirectangular images. The target PC doesn't need quicktime, java,
          flash, or shockwave installed.

          http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/fspviewer.htm

          Cheers,
          Darren.

          )I have zoomify flash map, and quicktimeVR content viewed using
          )the client's browser ( because I don't know how else to do it
          )). Various people cannot see all of the content.
          )How is it possible to have zoomify flash content ( with
          )hotspots ), some text pages and the (quicktime)VR movies +
          )text links to other movies all on a cd so that everything works ?
          )Powerpoint I saw mentioned somewhere the other day and I
          )should investigate if that will do it.
          )Can anybody suggest a way to make a self contained cd to view
          )everything ? ( does not strictly have to use quicktime)
          )
        • wardnet2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@... wrote:

            > hello,
            > I have zoomify flash map, and quicktimeVR content viewed using the
            client's
            > browser ( because I don't know how else to do it ). Various people
            cannot see
            > all of the content.
            > How is it possible to have zoomify flash content ( with hotspots ),
            some text
            > pages and the (quicktime)VR movies + text links to other movies all
            on a cd so
            > that everything works ?

            Using the DevalVR standalone player its possible to package a pano as
            an exe file, which will go fullscreen on double clicking. This is for
            Windows only since DevalVR does not support Mac.
            <http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/qtvr.html>

            1. Make a QTVR or equirectangular image.

            2. Write a params.txt file which looks like this (or similar):

            src=panorama.mov
            interface=2
            closebutton=1
            maximize=1
            zoom=0.5

            3. Place the DevalVR player.exe, the params.txt file, and panorama.mov
            in the same folder.
            Double click DevalVR player.exe, and the QTVR will open full screen,
            on any Windows pc, without the need to install special viewers or
            plugins, and its got a close button at the top.

            4. Next possible step is to package all the above files into a single
            self extracting exe file. There's an excellent exe packager available
            already on Windows. Click Start/Run and type "iexpress" (an
            undocumented feature). Follow the IExpress wizard, using default
            settings, to make a self extracting exe, which will run "DevalVR
            player.exe". The advantage of this, as I see it, is that you can give
            someone a single file and not several that have to stay
            together. You can also later change the IExpress default icon to your
            own. Again its a fullscreen pano with no need to install a plugin.

            5. The next step is to put a tour together using the above made panos.
            A jpeg map etc, with hot spots from which to launch the panos can be
            made using .hta files. Using this it is possible to have Internet
            Explorer launch exe files from links, and it works from a CD, with no
            security pop ups. See
            <http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp>
            <http://www.c-point.com/javascript_tutorial/HTML_Applications.htm>

            Or go for one of the many "autorun" authoring programs, which make use
            of this. I've tried AutoRun Pro Enterprize
            <http://www.longtion.com/autorunenterprise/autorunpro.htm>

            and think its ok. Here's a link to an exe file
            <http://www.billward.org/crichton_side.EXE>

            and a cut down version (for posting purposes most links are missing -
            still 4MB) of an example of what is possible (double click
            "autorun.exe", or burn to a cd for an autorun cd).
            <http://www.billward.org/exe_tour.zip>

            I havn't tried to add flash to one of these, but see that there is an
            "add flash" button.

            I imagine it may be possible to use only Fiero's standalone player by
            itself to achieve something similar, since DevalVR supports flash.
            Flash must also be installed on the target machine, unless you can use
            a Flash Projector (not supported by DevalVr standalone player). What I
            describe above, though, is very simple (and not elegant in parts).

            I'm interested in solutions for delivering tours on a cd, with
            everything required for viewing already on the cd.

            Bill
          • Fulvio Senore
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2006
              Bill,

              thank you very much for this information about .HTA files. I did not
              know about them and they look like a good solution for the problem of
              creating an application that launches panoramas from a CD, usually a map
              with hotspots. I was looking from something similar from a long time,
              but I thought that the only solution was writing a custom application.

              BTW, you can also use FSPViewer to show panos from a CD, and it also
              supports hotspots.

              Fulvio Senore