Re: [PanoToolsNG] controversy

  • Eduardo Hutter
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2009
      * Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net wrote, On 22/12/2009 12:44 PM:

      > http:// translate.google.com/translate [...]

      "American Jeffrey Martin looked into the windows of tens of thousands of
      Prague citizens" ... Ouch!

      The funny thing is that on both crops from people on the window on that
      report, none of them are recognizable.

      > aren't there more photos of non-blurred people/cars on flickr, than
      > the entire google streetview? probably every month? :)

      Yes, sure there is but Flicker doesn't reach as many people as GSV or at
      least, it is not as famous as GSV. Also, there probably is a common
      feeling that Flicker is a community thing while Google is accessed and
      used by zillions more people (which is true).

      > what about the disparity between people's addiction to their cameras
      > (cameras on phones, etc.) and the notion of privacy? What gives?
      > What is the future?

      Hysteria and paranoia for the near future I guess.