Streetview on iPhone

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
      I dont know if this is new, but I just discovered streetview on the iphone ( without flash).

      - go to your map.app

      - look for (e.g.) Gran Via Madrid

      - this gives you a red pin with a label of the location

      - on the left side of this black label is a red circle with a person

      - click on it and you are in street view panoramas

      - start discovering whole Madrid!!!!

      Willy Kaemena

      http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
      http://360cities.net/area/damascus-syria
      http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
      http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
      http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

    • Henri Smeets
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
        Haha Willy,

        Streetview has been around since the very first iPhone, hard to find for the
        masses unfortunately!
      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
          On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 04:45:03 +0900, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...>
          wrote:

          > I dont know if this is new, but I just discovered streetview on the
          > iphone ( without flash).

          It's new to me--first time I've seen it.

          > - go to your map.app
          >
          > - look for (e.g.) Gran Via Madrid
          >
          > - this gives you a red pin with a label of the location
          >
          > - on the left side of this black label is a red circle with a person

          First time I've seen that little red circle. I just updated the Google
          apps this morning... so it may be THAT new.

          > - click on it and you are in street view panoramas
          >
          > - start discovering whole Madrid!!!!

          Fascinating!

          Now to see if they have done the same thing for Tokyo, where I know my
          way round a little better.

          Apart from the insoluble problems at the zenith the iPhone screen is
          small enough to make the Google native resolution of these panoramas
          quite adequate.

          Impressive!

          Roger W.

          PS Yes, "Ginza Tokyo Japan" takes you to one of the main crossroads,
          but unfortunately it only offers you further panoramas along the
          main National Route 5 that cuts across the center of this fascinating
          (and photogenic) area.

          --
          Business: www.adex-japan.com
          Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger