Huge celestial panoramas

  • michel thoby
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2009
      I missed the announcement of the release by Caltech.edu -18 months
      ago- of impressive and incredibly huge panoramic images.
      http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/Media/releases/ssc2008-11/index.shtml

      In one instance, 800,000 snapshots have been stitched. They were
      taken with the Spitzer Space Telescope in 2004 and 16 Hi-Res partial
      panoramas that are called "individual images" can be downloaded. One
      could subsequently assemble them to make a 396,032 x 13,520 pixels
      (i.e.~5.35 G pixels) panorama.

      Yet I have found easier to browse through some of the zoomable
      partial versions;-)

      Michel Thoby