RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: View From Inside a Tiger Cage

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 2, 2009
      YES! But try not to have the smell of fresh meat about you. Or the smell of
      fear... :o)

      Mark
      www.northernlight.net
      www.pinnacle-vr.com

    • onezebra1
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 5, 2009
        Ok, next week I'm going in with the large tigers to shoot some panos.
        There are a few problems involved, the tigers will want to play with my camera equipment, you can't turn your back to them, your full attention should be on the tigers not your camera or anything else, your hands should be free and you need to have a good person to watch your back.

        Roger Berry
        IndiaVRtours.com

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > YES! But try not to have the smell of fresh meat about you. Or the smell of
        > fear... :o)
        >
        > Mark
        > www.northernlight.net
        > www.pinnacle-vr.com

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 5, 2009
          Life isn't worth much, if there is no excitement :)

          Personally I don't like cats... and big cats... are just "more to dislike".
          I have seen some horrifying videos of lions and tigers mauling humans... not
          something I would invite myself to potentially be a part of. For me it's
          enough to dive into Piranha / Cayman infested waters.
          I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to see the resulting panos.

          Trausti

          On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM, onezebra1 <onezebra1@...> wrote:

          > Ok, next week I'm going in with the large tigers to shoot some panos.
          > There are a few problems involved, the tigers will want to play with my
          > camera equipment, you can't turn your back to them, your full attention
          > should be on the tigers not your camera or anything else, your hands should
          > be free and you need to have a good person to watch your back.
          >
          > Roger Berry
          > IndiaVRtours.com
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mark
          > D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > YES! But try not to have the smell of fresh meat about you. Or the smell
          > of
          > > fear... :o)
          > >
          > > Mark
          > > www.northernlight.net
          > > www.pinnacle-vr.com

        • onezebra1
          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
            Okay, after a number of delays here's the first VR Photo of playing with a large white Bengal tiger. You know how cats love playing with strings, well that's kind of what this one was doing.
            http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_jump4.html

            Roger Berry
          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
              Love it! It reminds me so much of how my cat behaves, although on a much
              smaller scale. So, if a big cat acts similarly to a small one, I guess it
              follows that the small one can act like the big one. It all depends on how
              big you are relative to the cat at hand...

              By the way, I noticed that the full screen VR isn't as sharp as your usual
              images. Is the high resolution one not being loaded?

              Mark
              www.pinnacle-vr.com
              www.northernlight.net

            • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                I noticed even the windowed version didn't seem quite as sharp as normal
                either.
                Perhaps it has something to do with the critter in the cage with him.
                I'm pretty sure that either shaky hands or fast shooting could cause this.
                His adrenaline would have been PUMPING!

                Thanks Roger for the shoot.

                )
                )By the way, I noticed that the full screen VR isn't as sharp
                )as your usual images. Is the high resolution one not being loaded?
                )
                )Mark
                )www.pinnacle-vr.com
                )www.northernlight.net
                )
                )
                )>Okay, after a number of delays here's the first VR Photo of playing
                )>with a large white Bengal tiger. You know how cats love playing with
                )>strings, well that's kind of what this one was doing.
                )>http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_jump4.html
                )>
                )>Roger Berry
                )>
                )>
                )>
                )
                )
                )
                )------------------------------------
                )
                )--
                )
                )
                )
                )
              • Uri Cogan
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                  On 1/11/10 6:41 PM, Mark D. Fink wrote:

                  > By the way, I noticed that the full screen VR isn't as sharp as your usual
                  > images. Is the high resolution one not being loaded?

                  I tried to switch to HQ and then to go fullscreen - wow Miaw!

                  (PS: I'm told that cats never express "miaw" to other cats; only to
                  people.)

                  --

                  Uri Cogan
                  http://www.uricogan.com

                  *** My Karma Ran Over My Dogma ***

                • onezebra1
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                    Sorry about the fullscreen not working, it was just a typo spelling jump as junp.
                    One of the oil companies had a saying "put a tiger in your tank" I don't think this is what they meant.
                    http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_tank4.html

                    btw, my pole was only bit once by one of the tigers. it's nice having a strong carbon fiber pole!!!

                    Roger Berry
                  • needakeeper
                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                      This is the first chance I have had to take a look at these. I just wish my kids were up to see them. I can't wait to show them in the morning. You are so close to the one in the water. Amazing!

                      I love all the different photos taken by members of the group. I wish the world could see what I am seeing on here. Just amazing.

                      Might I add, MORE PLEASE!

                      Stephani

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

                      > Sorry about the fullscreen not working, it was just a typo spelling jump as junp.
                      > One of the oil companies had a saying "put a tiger in your tank" I don't think this is what they meant.
                      > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_tank4.html
                      >
                      > btw, my pole was only bit once by one of the tigers. it's nice having a strong carbon fiber pole!!!
                      >
                      > Roger Berry

                    • onezebra1
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 11, 2010
                        Yeah, one of the problems I had was my shadow on the tigers.
                        This one I call "Where did everyone go!!!"
                        You know how it is when you're busy shooting photos and then look around wondering where did everyone go. Hey, no problem, I still have a cat to keep me company.
                        http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_white4.html

                        Roger Berry

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "needakeeper" <virtualpointphotos@...> wrote:

                        > This is the first chance I have had to take a look at these. I just wish my kids were up to see them. I can't wait to show them in the morning. You are so close to the one in the water. Amazing!
                        >
                        > I love all the different photos taken by members of the group. I wish the world could see what I am seeing on here. Just amazing.
                        >
                        > Might I add, MORE PLEASE!
                        >
                        > Stephani
                        >
                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Sorry about the fullscreen not working, it was just a typo spelling jump as junp.
                        > > One of the oil companies had a saying "put a tiger in your tank" I don't think this is what they meant.
                        > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_tank4.html
                        > >
                        > > btw, my pole was only bit once by one of the tigers. it's nice having a strong carbon fiber pole!!!
                        > >
                        > > Roger Berry

                      • Roger D. Williams
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                          On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:29:31 +0900, onezebra1 <onezebra1@...> wrote:

                          > Yeah, one of the problems I had was my shadow on the tigers.
                          > This one I call "Where did everyone go!!!"

                          If they were sensible they probably ran away!

                          > You know how it is when you're busy shooting photos and then look around
                          > wondering where did everyone go. Hey, no problem, I still have a cat to
                          > keep me company.
                          > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_white4.html
                          >
                          > Roger Berry

                          Roger W.

                          --
                          Business: www.adex-japan.com
                          Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                            Beautiful animals.

                            BTW, I see some serious cubeface edge dancing in the full-screen view
                            on my Mac. (Specifically the Walking Around pano when looking back at
                            the tiger coming towards the viewer.)

                            Are you using the latest version of FPP? This was a problem that
                            cropped up with Flash 10 a while back and was addressed in an update,
                            if I recall correctly.

                          • Keith Martin
                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                              Sometime around 11/1/10 (at 19:04 -0800) Uri Cogan said:

                              >(PS: I'm told that cats never express "miaw" to other cats; only to
                              >people.)

                              I've heard that said too. I've also heard my cats 'talk' to other
                              cats on many occasions. Generally more yowls than miaows, I admit! ;-)

                              There's something in that, but in my experience all absolutes are
                              likely to be inaccurate when it comes to cats. Kittens miaow and mew
                              a lot to each other and their mother, and the mother will do the same
                              to them. My feeling is that the miaow is used when their preferred
                              non-verbal communications aren't useful. Which generally means when
                              youngster cats are concerned or when dealing with us dumb humans.

                            • Mark D. Fink
                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                Oh - I completely missed the HQ button. That makes a big difference with
                                both full screen and the smaller one.

                                Ps. I heard someone did a study on cats purring. Their conclusion was that
                                it was just the right frequency to prompt humans to feed them... Really.

                                Mark
                                www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                www.northernlight.net

                              • onezebra1
                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                  Yes, I have the latest version of FPP installed and I even blurred the chain link fence and sand a little.

                                  Here's the golden tiger playing.
                                  http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_golden4.html

                                  Roger Berry

                                  > Beautiful animals.
                                  >
                                  > BTW, I see some serious cubeface edge dancing in the full-screen view
                                  > on my Mac. (Specifically the Walking Around pano when looking back at
                                  > the tiger coming towards the viewer.)
                                  >
                                  > Are you using the latest version of FPP? This was a problem that
                                  > cropped up with Flash 10 a while back and was addressed in an update,
                                  > if I recall correctly.

                                • Keith Martin
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                    Sometime around 12/1/10 (at 18:46 +0000) onezebra1 said:

                                    >Here's the golden tiger playing.
                                    >http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_golden4.html

                                    Great moment. But in full-screen mode on my 1680x1050px display I see
                                    really unpleasant dancing cubeface edge problems.
                                    [sigh] I really thought the latest version of FPP had eliminated these.

                                  • Trausti Hraunfjord
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                      ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property qualityStatic2 not found on
                                      CubePanorama and there is no default value.
                                      at autorotator_fla::MainTimeline/setAttribute()
                                      at Hotspots/change()
                                      at Hotspots/execute()
                                      at Hotspots/addGlobal()
                                      at Hotspots/parseHotspots()
                                      at Hotspots/waitForParameters()
                                      at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
                                      at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

                                      .... and the pano.swf is the OLD one version 2.3 NOT version 2.3.1

                                      Trausti

                                    • Keith Martin
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                        Sometime around 12/1/10 (at 14:54 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

                                        >.... and the pano.swf is the OLD one version 2.3 NOT version 2.3.1

                                        Phew! I was getting rather worried about FPP; that appearance isn't
                                        good enough for serious use. Thanks Trausti, it is good to hear that
                                        it isn't the latest version that's used there.
                                      • onezebra1
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                          I guess when I downloaded FPP a few months ago I got the wrong one. ok, here it is with the newest version.
                                          This one shows 3 views of the white tiger so that you don't have to open 3 separate pages.

                                          http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tigers_three4.html

                                          I hope this displays ok,
                                          Roger Berry

                                          > Sometime around 12/1/10 (at 14:54 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:
                                          >
                                          > >.... and the pano.swf is the OLD one version 2.3 NOT version 2.3.1
                                          >
                                          > Phew! I was getting rather worried about FPP; that appearance isn't
                                          > good enough for serious use. Thanks Trausti, it is good to hear that
                                          > it isn't the latest version that's used there.

                                        • Ron Rack
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                            Hi Roger,
                                            I'm afraid that I am still seeing the "dancing" cubeface edges :-(

                                            ron rack

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                              >I am still seeing the "dancing" cubeface edges :-(

                                              So am I, in full-screen mode.

                                            • onezebra1
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                                I tried adding this code in the xml and I think it made it worse.
                                                qualityStatic = high
                                                qualityStatic2 = high
                                                qualityMotion = low
                                                qualityMotion2 = low

                                                Here's a list of the VR Photos:

                                                4 White Tigers playing:
                                                http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tigers_three4.html

                                                Golden Tiger playing:
                                                http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_golden4.html

                                                Tiger in Tank:
                                                http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_tank4.html

                                                Tiger Jump:
                                                http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_jump4.html

                                                3 White Tigers Walking:

                                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ron Rack <ronrack@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi Roger,
                                                > I'm afraid that I am still seeing the "dancing" cubeface edges :-(
                                                >
                                                > ron rack
                                                >

                                                > On Jan 12, 2010, at 4:24 PM, onezebra1 wrote:
                                                >

                                                > > I guess when I downloaded FPP a few months ago I got the wrong one.
                                                > > ok, here it is with the newest version.
                                                > > This one shows 3 views of the white tiger so that you don't have to
                                                > > open 3 separate pages.
                                                > >
                                                > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tigers_three4.html
                                                > >
                                                > > I hope this displays ok,
                                                > > Roger Berry
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Keith Martin <keith@> wrote:

                                                > > > Phew! I was getting rather worried about FPP; that appearance isn't
                                                > > > good enough for serious use. Thanks Trausti, it is good to hear that
                                                > > > it isn't the latest version that's used there.

                                              • AYRTON
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jan 12, 2010
                                                  Me too, I see that all the time :-(

                                                  On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:

                                                  > >I am still seeing the "dancing" cubeface edges :-(
                                                  >
                                                  > So am I, in full-screen mode.

                                                  ------------
                                                  | A Y R |
                                                  | T O N |
                                                • onezebra1
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jan 24, 2010
                                                    Did some more work with tigers today as a backup person. I had to keep body blocking one of them and even grapping it by the scruff of the neck to turn it away. It was being a bad kitty and trying to get to something.
                                                    Sorry, no photos. Shooting photos while working with large cats just does not make for a good mix.

                                                    These cubefaces should not be dancing anymore:

                                                    4 White Tigers playing:
                                                    http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tigers_three4.html

                                                    Golden Tiger playing:
                                                    http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/tiger_golden4.html