Setting center image to prepare for HDR

  • needakeeper
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
      I rendered one pano and saved it as a template. I need to render two additional panos in different exposures, but the images are ordered differently.

      Can someone tell me how to make sure all three panos are laid out the same?

      Thanks-Stephani
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        Simple. Order your images the same and apply the template.
        Unsure how they can be ordered differently.. Asking for trouble if you shoot
        your hdrs in a weird fashion

        --

        Sacha Griffin
        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

      • needakeeper
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
          I am sorry. I am misunderstanding and still doing something wrong. Here is what I have done. I have the exact same images in the same order. I used the same template and all the same settings, but the final result is two polar opposite panos.

          I don't have the pro version of ptgui. I am attempting (I know it is gonna be a booger) to render 3 panoramas in 3 different exposures and then pull out what I need in each using masks in Photoshop.

          I shot 9 exposures at each turn using a Sigma 8mm f/3.5 and D300s, so I have 4 shots around. I was tilted up just a bit so I don't need a zenith, and I did not shoot a nadir.

          Any ideas where I am missing steps?

          SH

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > Simple. Order your images the same and apply the template.
          > Unsure how they can be ordered differently.. Asking for trouble if you shoot
          > your hdrs in a weird fashion

          > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM, needakeeper <virtualpointphotos@...>wrote:
          >

          > > I rendered one pano and saved it as a template. I need to render two
          > > additional panos in different exposures, but the images are ordered
          > > differently.
          > >
          > > Can someone tell me how to make sure all three panos are laid out the same?
          > >
          > > Thanks-Stephani
          > >

          > --
          >
          > Sacha Griffin
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          > 404-551-4275

        • needakeeper
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2009
            Thank you Pat for deciphering what I was trying to say. I followed your
            instructions and it worked flawlessly. I was loading the template and then
            checking all the settings to make sure that nothing had changed-obviously a
            bad idea. I now have matching equirects in different exposures.

            Thanks Sacha and Pat