Re: lens for panorama images

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
      RobLee wrote:

      > If resolution will be 20% lower than does it that image wont be as good?

      Which lens with which sensor size and pixel count will give which
      maximum resolution can be found on
      http://wiki.panotools.org/DSLR_spherical_resolution

      best regards
    • RobLee
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
        So, if I read all your messages correctly, you are saying that my pano images would benefit if I had Samyang 8mm lens vs Tokina 116?
        Just want to make sure before I commit $300.
        Thank you!

        RobLee

      • Hans
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

          > So, if I read all your messages correctly, you are saying that my pano images would benefit if I had Samyang 8mm lens vs Tokina 116?
          > Just want to make sure before I commit $300.
          > Thank you!

          I would express it different.

          Your workflow would benefit a lot as you do not need to take as many images.

          Quality of the final panoramas in the size you need for fullscreen display will be practically the same.

          Hans
        • RobLee
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
            I just found this photos taken with Samyang 8mm lens.
            It looks to me like it is DX lens. Am I correct? Will I be able to produce good enough pano images for printing?
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/5y12u3k...7619250695100/
            Thank you!

            RobLee