AW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 1st "horizontal" polepano attempt

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
      Ron: I realy like the colour and quality !
      Consideruíng the small filesize - really great.
      Since I still temper with optimal Pano2VR-Settings:
      may I ask you for your settings ?

      I get a large filesize < 1.5 MB and still not your quality.
      My tif I supply has app. 8000 x 4000.
      The tif is ok - the Pano2VR output a little blurry.
      Maybe your settings would be better .

      Thanks
      Mike
      ----------------------------
      ----------------------------
      360° VR Fotografie:
      http://www.360de.de

      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
      -----------------------------
      Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
      http://virtugraf.wordpress.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
        The greyish sun halo is a little too much PS- hilight recovery.
        I think it?s not that bad - a complete white sun would not be better though.
        It?s well balanced for my opinion.
        The "High-Light Priority" of my old (and sold) Canon 40D could handle
        this issue much much better then my 5D - unfortunately.

        Ciao
        Mike

        ----------------------------
        ----------------------------

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009

          > Ron: I realy like the colour and quality !
          > Consideruíng the small filesize - really great.
          > Since I still temper with optimal Pano2VR-Settings:
          > may I ask you for your settings ?
          >
          > I get a large filesize < 1.5 MB and still not your quality.
          > My tif I supply has app. 8000 x 4000.
          > The tif is ok - the Pano2VR output a little blurry.
          > Maybe your settings would be better .

          You probably use the default interpolator Mitchell.
          In your preferences/ settings change to lanczos 3 or Blackman/sinc.

          Hans

        • Wim Koornneef
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 2, 2009
            panobanano wrote:
            > ...I did update the "belltower" shot. I wasn't
            > quite happy with it to begin with and I think it is better now...
            The improvement is visible, nice work !

            Wim