Re: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] Trip to Peru WAS: lens for panorama images

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
      In January you will have the summer time here in Lima... nice weather, sunny
      and hot, but it is also the worst time to go to Machu Picchu and Cusco, due
      to rain, clouds and no ideal conditions for photography. Same goes for the
      northern, central and southern jungle... it will be the rainy season, and it
      is wet like heck. Walking on a road that has turned into a semi deep river
      in only 20 minutes of raining... that's what is the normal thing in that
      period in the jungle. But the coast and western side of the mountains will
      have a good climate... mostly.

      Go to the north... Trujillo and surrounding area has a lot of interesting
      ruins and history. Or Huarraz and Chav�n ... that is worth visiting... even
      though it's high up and isolated. There is so much to see, experience and
      enjoy... even if the rain is pouring down like crazy.... and as I see it,
      the only bad thing about the rain, is the way it reduces one's chances of
      shooting spherical panos out in the wilderness... which is not really a
      problem, unless you want to share your visions with others.

      Please let me know, and if need be, I will have you on my wife's bedside
      when she is giving birth :) .... more "Birth panos" are needed anyways! :)

      Trausti

      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

      > Hehehe
      > I lnow Lima,
      > I've been there lots of times when I was working as photographer for
      > Jacques
      > Cousteau
      > during The Amazon Expedition on the 80's
      >
      > But the funny part is that IF I go ... it will be middle to late january
      > hehehe :-(
      > it's vacation for my sons, so we are deciding yet where to go
      >
      > I'll let you know
      >
      > Tks
      > AYRTON
      >
      > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
      > trausti.hraunfjord@... <trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > I am in Lima (the capital). If/when you come to Peru, you will be
      > "forced"
      > > to go to Lima (unless you come driving/walking/by ship) ... due to the
      > > capitalist interest groups (tourism mafia)... the only "international"
      > > airport in Peru is in Lima, so that's the hub you have to go through. Let
      > > me know beforehand when you will be here, and I will gladly meet you at
      > the
      > > airport. Should you be able to spend a day or more in Lima, I would
      > > equally
      > > be happy to pester you with my rants and ramblings, and listen to yours,
      > > over a few dishes of good food and golden liquids.
      > >
      > > The only instance of me not being able to meet with you, would be due to
      > > my
      > > wife giving birth (scheduled for mid to late January).
      > >
      > > Anyone else coming over here, is equally welcome to contact me for
      > > guidance. I have friends in the tourism industry, who can be helpful for
      > > travel tips... should my tips not be good enough :)
      > >
      > > Trausti
      > >

      > > On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM, AYRTON <avi@...<avi%40ayrton.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
      > > >
      > > > trausti.hraunfjord@... <trausti.hraunfjord%40gmail.com><trausti.hraunfjord%

      > <avi%
      > > 40ayrton.com>>

      > > > :-) yeah

      > > on
      > > into
      > > > >

      > > > Thank you very much :-)
      > > > having the time ... stop by my site and leave a comment there for me
      > > > I'll be very happy if you do so :-)
      > > >
      > > > best
      > > > AYRTON
      > > >
      > > > PS: I'm thinking to go to Peru for a week or so.
      > > > Where are you exactly ? I tought about Cuszco

      > > > --

      > > --

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009