Re: [PanoToolsNG] the garbage dude

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
      Quoting "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...>:

      > I don't usually post panos here on this list
      >
      > but this one by Martin Bloomfield I found just incredible.
      > http://www.360cities.net/image/refuse-collector-kota-batavia-jakarta-indonesia
      >
      > oh and yes there's some CA in it. I hope it doesn't prevent any obsessives
      > out there from enjoying the image for what it is :)
      It is good to see some photojournalist type stuff in 360, personally I have
      always believed that is it's strength.
      mick

    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
        Quoting crane@...:

        > Quoting "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...>:
        >
        > > I don't usually post panos here on this list
        > >
        > > but this one by Martin Bloomfield I found just incredible.
        > >
        > http://www.360cities.net/image/refuse-collector-kota-batavia-jakarta-indonesia
        > >
        > > oh and yes there's some CA in it. I hope it doesn't prevent any obsessives
        > > out there from enjoying the image for what it is :)
        > It is good to see some photojournalist type stuff in 360, personally I have
        > always believed that is it's strength.
        further to that , I appreciate it is tricky to be anonymous though, no hiding
        the leica under your jacket, so it is a little bit different to capturing people
        unawares, maybe someone could suggest apparatus for surreptitious 360
        photography ? an umbrella would make a huge nadir problem.

        mick

      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
          Quoting crane@...:

          > Quoting crane@...:
          >
          > > Quoting "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...>:
          > >
          > > > I don't usually post panos here on this list
          > > >
          > > > but this one by Martin Bloomfield I found just incredible.
          > > >

          > http://www.360cities.net/image/refuse-collector-kota-batavia-jakarta-indonesia
          > > >
          > > > oh and yes there's some CA in it. I hope it doesn't prevent any
          > obsessives
          > > > out there from enjoying the image for what it is :)
          > > It is good to see some photojournalist type stuff in 360, personally I
          > have
          > > always believed that is it's strength.
          > further to that , I appreciate it is tricky to be anonymous though, no
          > hiding
          > the leica under your jacket, so it is a little bit different to capturing
          > people
          > unawares, maybe someone could suggest apparatus for surreptitious 360
          > photography ? an umbrella would make a huge nadir problem.
          or maybe a bicycle crash helmet with camera attached camouflaged by a kermit the
          frog puppet ??
          what do people think ?

          mick

        • Ken Warner
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
            Beanie cam? Seriously, some of the small cams have enough
            resolution for journalistic purposes. And a little
            parallax error would also be tolerable.

            crane@... wrote:
            > Quoting crane@...:
            >
            >> Quoting crane@...:

            >> http://www.360cities.net/image/refuse-collector-kota-batavia-jakarta-indonesia
            >> obsessives
            >>> It is good to see some photojournalist type stuff in 360, personally I
            >> have
            >>> always believed that is it's strength.
            >> further to that , I appreciate it is tricky to be anonymous though, no
            >> hiding
            >> the leica under your jacket, so it is a little bit different to capturing
            >> people
            >> unawares, maybe someone could suggest apparatus for surreptitious 360
            >> photography ? an umbrella would make a huge nadir problem.
            > or maybe a bicycle crash helmet with camera attached camouflaged by a kermit the
            > frog puppet ??
            > what do people think ?
            >
            > mick

          • prague
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
              Hi Ken,

              The controls are a bit "too obvious" for you, who knows what you're getting. for people who aren't used to seeing panos all the time, this obvious controller will tell them, obviously, that this is not a photo, and not a video.

              and pro users such as yourself can click the 'hide controls' button...

              cheers,
              Jeffrey

              > Yeah, that's better. Lemme ax you guys a question.
              >
              > Why not put a control bar/dash board/menu bar (whatever you want to call
              > it) underneath the viewport window? Make it small and unobtrusive then
              > you don't have to turn it off to get it out of the way. Simpler code --
              > simpler interface -- easier to see the pano.
              >
              > Mark D. Fink wrote:
              > > Hi Ken,
              > >
              > > Quite simple, actually. Click on the Hide Controls button and you get a nice
              > > clean screen.
              > >
              > > Mark
              > > www.northernlight.net
              > > www.pinnacle-vr.com

            • Mark D. Fink
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2009
                What about hiding the camera(s) inside a box? You could "hide" the
                protruding lenses by painting the outside of the box with a design that
                incorporates the lenses, like a clown's face with the lens as the mouth.
                Then, you could set it up on a stand and fire it remotely as people pass by.

                Hiding in plain sight...

                Mark
                www.northernlight.net
                www.pinnacle-vr.com