Re: Zapshot remote wireless release

  • Sam Rohn
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
      im using a phottix plato wireless remote, it uses interchangeable cables which are avail for nikon, canon, etc cameras

      http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/PhottixPlatoWirelessRemote.html

      usually avail for around $50 on ebay

      also works well with the promote hdr controller using the 2.5mm cable (same size as zapshot)

      sam

      - - - - -
      Sam Rohn :: New York City
      Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
      Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

      > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
      > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
      > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
      > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
      > http://www.zap-shot.com/
      >
      > Peter M

    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
        I got a $12 Chinese JueYing radio remote, works perfectly, no regrets.

        Receiving unit size in mm:
        L: 47
        W: 38
        H: 28 (including the 8mm flash shoe mount)

        Wanted to buy one from Amazon, but only the "shipping and handling" was over
        $60 ... and remote was 25 so I had a friend in the UK to order 2 infrared
        controls, 2 cable remote controls and one radio remote control from China,
        sent to the UK, then sent from there to Peru... total cost (including
        product and freight): $58

        All the controls I got are non-regrettable and much better than I had hoped
        for :)

        Trausti

        On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Sam Rohn <sam@...> wrote:

        > im using a phottix plato wireless remote, it uses interchangeable cables
        > which are avail for nikon, canon, etc cameras
        >
        > http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/PhottixPlatoWirelessRemote.html
        >
        > usually avail for around $50 on ebay
        >
        > also works well with the promote hdr controller using the 2.5mm cable (same
        > size as zapshot)
        >
        > sam
        >
        > - - - - -
        > Sam Rohn :: New York City
        > Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
        > Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
        > > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
        > > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
        > > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient
        > places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon
        > cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
        > > http://www.zap-shot.com/
        > >
        > > Peter M

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009

          > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
          > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
          > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
          > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
          > http://www.zap-shot.com/
          >
          > Peter M

          I mean slimmer profile for the transmitter -- it is smaller than any of the Chinese transmitters I think -- it is cool to have a transmitter that is not much bigger than a coin I think. The size of the receiver is not so significant if your camera is up on a pole anyway

          PeterM
        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
            Ah... yes, you are right. The remote unit I got is quite a lot bulkier than
            the zap-shot one.

            I thought you were referring to the receiver. Sorry for the confusion.

            Trausti