Zapshot remote wireless release

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
      After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
      is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
      the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
      profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
      http://www.zap-shot.com/

      Peter M
    • Sam Rohn
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
        im using a phottix plato wireless remote, it uses interchangeable cables which are avail for nikon, canon, etc cameras

        http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/PhottixPlatoWirelessRemote.html

        usually avail for around $50 on ebay

        also works well with the promote hdr controller using the 2.5mm cable (same size as zapshot)

        sam

        - - - - -
        Sam Rohn :: New York City
        Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
        Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com

        > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
        > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
        > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
        > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
        > http://www.zap-shot.com/
        >
        > Peter M

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
          I got a $12 Chinese JueYing radio remote, works perfectly, no regrets.

          Receiving unit size in mm:
          L: 47
          W: 38
          H: 28 (including the 8mm flash shoe mount)

          Wanted to buy one from Amazon, but only the "shipping and handling" was over
          $60 ... and remote was 25 so I had a friend in the UK to order 2 infrared
          controls, 2 cable remote controls and one radio remote control from China,
          sent to the UK, then sent from there to Peru... total cost (including
          product and freight): $58

          All the controls I got are non-regrettable and much better than I had hoped
          for :)

          Trausti

          On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Sam Rohn <sam@...> wrote:

          > im using a phottix plato wireless remote, it uses interchangeable cables
          > which are avail for nikon, canon, etc cameras
          >
          > http://martybugs.net/blog/blog.cgi/gear/PhottixPlatoWirelessRemote.html
          >
          > usually avail for around $50 on ebay
          >
          > also works well with the promote hdr controller using the 2.5mm cable (same
          > size as zapshot)
          >
          > sam
          >
          > - - - - -
          > Sam Rohn :: New York City
          > Panoramic Photography :: www.samrohn.com
          > Location Scout :: www.nylocations.com
          >

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "panovrx" <panovrx@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
          > > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
          > > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
          > > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient
          > places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon
          > cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
          > > http://www.zap-shot.com/
          > >
          > > Peter M

        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009

            > After been unavailable for a couple of years the Zapshot remote
            > is again on sale -- I learn from an email this morning. I prefer
            > the Zapshot to the cheaper Chinese remotes because it has a slimmer
            > profile for one thing -- so you can velcro it to a pole in convenient places for an ergonomic release. You need to rewire it to a (ebay) canon cable release plug for using it with the 5D etc
            > http://www.zap-shot.com/
            >
            > Peter M

            I mean slimmer profile for the transmitter -- it is smaller than any of the Chinese transmitters I think -- it is cool to have a transmitter that is not much bigger than a coin I think. The size of the receiver is not so significant if your camera is up on a pole anyway

            PeterM
          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
              Ah... yes, you are right. The remote unit I got is quite a lot bulkier than
              the zap-shot one.

              I thought you were referring to the receiver. Sorry for the confusion.

              Trausti