Indore Fort Tour

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2009
      Here's a new tour that I'm working on that's a bit different form my other tours.
      This tour will take you up through the jungle past old ruins and tombs to a remote fort called Indore which is in India near Delhi.
      The car I hired could not make it down the rough road so I had to pay a auto rickshaw driver who works as a village taxi in this remote location. I was given 1.5 hours back at the fort to take my photos, and it was a long hike up to the fort. My plan was to drive back there and spend most of the day for this tour, well maybe I will go back sometime and explore the ruins better.

      http://indiavrtours.com/nuh/below_indore4.html
    • Scott Witte
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
        onezebra1 wrote:
        > Here's a new tour that I'm working on that's a bit different form my
        > other tours.
        Roger,

        Remarkable as aways. That complex is huge! I'm always amazed how quickly
        you can shoot a collection of panos like this.

        One addition I would love is a site plan showing the old fort as it was
        so we know what we are looking at, if such were available. Must have a
        fascinating history.

        --
        Scott Witte
        ---------------------------------

        414.345.9660
        Member, IVRPA

      • onezebra1
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
          Hi Scott,

          Sometime this week I will change it over to the new style viewer where
          you also have a map and thumbnail images showing on it, just need to fix
          the high/low quality switch.

          This fort is massive and practically untouched, I had planed on doing a
          large tour of it. Well maybe next time.

          You can find this fort on Google Earth at:

          Latitude: 28.08305572846941

          Longitude: 76.94663286209106

          Roger Berry

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Scott Witte <scottwitte@...> wrote:

          > onezebra1 wrote:
          > > Here's a new tour that I'm working on that's a bit different form my
          > > other tours.
          > Roger,
          >
          > Remarkable as aways. That complex is huge! I'm always amazed how
          quickly
          > you can shoot a collection of panos like this.
          >
          > One addition I would love is a site plan showing the old fort as it
          was
          > so we know what we are looking at, if such were available. Must have a
          > fascinating history.
          >

          > --
          > Scott Witte
          > ---------------------------------
          > Scott Witte Photography <http://www.scottwitte.com>
          > +
          > Tour de Force 360VR <http://www.tourdeforce360.com/>
          >
          > 414.345.9660
          > Member, IVRPA

        • onezebra1
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
            There are a lot of old forts and ruins in the Aravali Hills but this Indore fort is the largest.
            Here is a small fort nearby on the hill above the town of Nuh, and below it is the Tomb of Sheikh Musa and the shaking minarets.
            http://indiavrtours.com/nuh/nuh_fort_overview4.html

            I could spend weeks exploring these ruins and maybe some day I will.

            Roger Berry