New User - HDR Bracketing - ghosts

  • jantotzek@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi everybody,
      i am new to this group and would like to say hello to everyone here!
      If you want to see my work: www.totzek.de

      My first post is about a question (which i also posted in the ptgui forum):
      I am working on several Panos with bracketed images. (5d+15mm;raw) They are all taken outside with lots of moving things like branches and leafs.
      It seems if that there is no solution with hdr bracketing and moving objects...
      Did anyone found a solution to this? Right now i am trying fdr tools with separation. mixed success until now.

      jan
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2009
        Some of the advanced hdr software has a ghost elimination tool.

        Otherwise, for such situations, you have a couple of options.

        Use blend planes and mask in single exposures for particular areas.

        Your dark for sky, your light for shadowy areas etc.

        Or there is a hand done method for masking.

        You can create an artificial hdr from a single exposure set, Use that to
        create a difference mask on your hdr version,

        And mask into all the differences, your artificial hdr pixels. It won't look
        so bad, as long as you match very well this artificial version.

        I think this must be how the hdr software does it anyway.

        Sacha Griffin

        Southern Digital Solutions LLC

        http://www.southern-digital.com

        http://www.seeit360.net