Carny Ville - alternative circus event

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2009
      One Saturday early this October I got an email from a friend who
      creates weird & wonderful festival stages and structures. He said if
      I was near Bristol that evening to come to the Carny Ville, a kind of
      'alt-circus' event being held in an abandoned firestation complex in
      the heart of the city.

      I was in London but my youngest son's uni accommodation was one block
      from there - so I headed down and we both went to the event.

      It was - well, spectacular is one word for it. Also weird and cool. I
      took loads of shots but I've only just started stitching them
      together. Here's the first:

      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/festivals/carnyville/

      What with the wall-walking girls half-way up the building, the
      creeping and stilt-walking 'creatures' wandering through the crowd
      (although not in this shot), and the utterly strange ringmaster
      directing everything, it felt a little like being in something
      Quentin Tarantino or David Lynch might have dreamed up.