Hurricane Ike Panoramas

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009
      With Hurricane Ida bearing down on the Gulf Coast, I have posted a series of panos on my blog from a year ago when I was photographing in the natural areas of the Upper Texas Coast a month after Hurricane Ike made landfall in Galveston, Texas. These natural areas are extremely important locations for migratory birds and one of the nation's top locations to witness spring songbird migration.

      These panos were processed using my old workflow and I need to reprocess them with my current process but don't have the time right now. Anyway, I thought I would share.

      Having lived through numerous hurricanes while growing up in Florida and living in Texas for the past few years, I wish my best to all those preparing for Ida this week.

      It struggle to photograph disaster and that is why all of these images were created about a month after the storm passed. I made the decision to wait and stay out of the way of relief and rescue efforts.

      Images can be seen here:
      http://www.wanderersapprentice.com/hurricane-ike-impact-on-natural-areas.html

      Best,
      Drew Fulton

      ---------
      Drew Fulton Photography
      Wanderer's Apprentice: Explore. Observe. Share.
      http://www.wanderersapprentice.com
      drew@...