Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: The shape of cameras to come...

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 2, 2009
      uhhh... I can't help myself. These kinds of questions are too
      seductive.

      If you had an absolute reference for the reflectivity of a laser
      of a given color, you might be able to detect and quantify the
      luminosity of the return.

      If you had three different color lasers calibrated at different
      wavelengths then maybe you could composite the return. You could
      even add in ultra high frequency radar (T-waves -- look it up)
      and/or UV/IR lasers and really get multi-band composite picture.

      And NO CA!!!

      Keith Martin wrote:
      > Sometime around 2/11/09 (at 16:44 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:
      >
      >> I think it is
      >> only a question of time before lasers will start replacing glass lenses.
      >
      > Interesting thought. But how can a beam of light detect available light?

    • luca vascon
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!