Re: The shape of cameras to come...

    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 2, 2009
      Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

      > Laser "lenses" are already in use, for metering/scanning.

      Yes, of course. But we don't want to meter or scan a scene artificially
      lit by a laser but to capture one lit by natural light. How should this
      work?

      There might be techniques to reduce the size of lenses. Mention the
      diffraction optics introduced by canon some years ago. But unless some
      very new optical principle is discovered, we are constrained to lenses
      that concentrate the light emitted by the real world onto a sensor -
      with all their problems

      best regards
    • luca vascon
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!