Re: The shape of cameras to come...

    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 2, 2009
      Ken Warner wrote:

      > Instead of focusing on another interchangeable lens format, the
      > companies may release truly compact cameras with built-in zoom
      > lenses much like those in their existing PowerShot and Coolpix lines,
      > but with large consumer-level DSLR sensors.
      [...]
      > slip into your pocket.

      Ha ha. A good laugh. A large sensor camera with fixed 10x zoom lens will
      never "slip in your pocket". You can make a camera tiny, but you can't
      make a large sensor lens tiny. Physics implies certain limits.

      From the whole article it's apparent that the author didn't understand
      much of the relations...

      best regards
    • luca vascon
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!