Re: [PanoToolsNG] The shape of cameras to come...

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 1, 2009
      Keith,
      You may just have something there. Actually theirs still a lot of elements that will go into the evolution of the camera's of tomorrow. The new D3s will have video ....that feature will probably play more into the features of tomorrows camera's ...while many of us don't need it we now understand that it's not a costly add on as the infrastructure is already there. I think we all have to also realize that as more features are added power for these little guys becomes more important.. So does performance in temperature extremes.. Camera electronics don't like to work in really cold weather. It stands to reason that they will develop cameras for all the geeks and yup maybe their will be a camera that straps on ones forehead...To each their own I guess. I feel that they will always need a camera that can be used with our intelligence rather then what they program into them. Maybe many would want that to go away and just get what they perceive is the perfect picture from the camera. Me , I'm enjoying the heck out of what their making now.. and I'm looking forward to what their coming up with .. the new D3s with it's high iso is incredible.. I can actually use that feature big time.. What will drive tomorrow's cameras is actually us in the long run.. They, in the end, will deliver what we want as that is what will sell.. Theirs a lot of guessing going on in the process I'm sure but in the end that what will drive tomorrows cameras.. Fact is we are all quite lucky and many of us possibly a bit impatient to be able to be in an era where so much is changing so fast. Looking for what we think is the perfect camera... In the end all they are is a tool and really not much more. So when will we see in camera HDR... :-)) evil grin..

      jimbo
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!