Re: [PanoToolsNG] The shape of cameras to come...

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 1, 2009
      Perception of the market and user interface look is what makes sense today.

      From a point of view that is now merely technical and hystorical, SLR
      was adopted to separate from TLR... and always a mirror is involved.
      Poor little allaround limited spinoffs of the REAL thing, the View Camera.
      :-)

      2009/11/1 Keith Martin <keith@...>:
      >>The G1 and GH1 are dslr's. They just don't have a mirror.
      >
      > SLR = single lens reflex. (Or self-loading rifle, but that'd be a
      > different mailing list entirely...)
      >
      > Assuming the mirror action is where the 'reflex' part of the name
      > comes from, would a mirrorless 'SLR' really qualify as a reflex
      > camera? Or would it be a dSL instead?

      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com
    • luca vascon
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!