Re: [PanoToolsNG] The shape of cameras to come...

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 57 , Oct 31, 2009
      Constructively, miniaturization will certainly be a big part of the cameras of the future.. With more and more being built into the units.. Realistically, however their will probably be two types of cameras for ever.. What we call point and shoots will continue to get more sophisticated and probably dominate more and more of the market and the DSLR. Certainly they will continue to make strides in features and functions and this is all good. One of the things that we must all not forget is the photographer is what really makes the image.. not the fancy little box you hold in your hand. Cameras will always be able to make record shots but only the shooter will be making art.. That being said I look at my hands ...two of them.. They need to be able to run all the controls on my camera... maybe some day we'll have voice commands but I think that's down the road a bit.. So where I'm going with this is that the package that is a camera will need to accommodate my hands to make all the adjustments I want to make.. That's also at 20/30 below when I'm wearing gloves.. So camera design will need to accommodate the ergonomics necessary to allow you and I to control our cameras in a meaningful way such that we can continue to make great images.. Soooooooooooo my friends Canon and Nikon will also need to work on evolution so that we can make our hands and fingers smaller to accommodate all these tiny cameras your figuring they'll make.. :-)) Anyway just poking fun but you get the drift.. If you need a 18 oz hammer then a 4 oz just won't get there. It will be fun to watch the changes ...we all see differently.. tis ok.. wouldn't it be fun to have ea time machine?

      jimbo
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 5, 2009
        So maybe you met my father Mario Vascon somewhere in CERN, in the
        accelerator in Geneve, between 70ies or 80ies....??? Depending on how
        old are you!