Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: new book about panoramic photography and a big thank you

  • Thomas Bredenfeld
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2009
      hi karol!

      of course i cannot give a really neutral statement about a book written
      by direct competitor and compare it to my own work ;-)

      as erik pointed out, harald has a different approach. i tried to be much
      more comprehensive and without the given page limit the book would have
      been ended at 500+ pages ;-)

      imho harald often stops before it get's interesting. the basic/historic
      part is relatively long and on the opposite side the output in any
      interactive manner (qtvr, flash etc.) is nearly completely omitted.

      eric is righgt: unfortunatly short lifetime is the destiny of any book
      about software. there's always a version dependency. i'm suffered from
      that with my 3 photoshop books. but in case of panoramic software time's
      running not that fast. to compensate this dependency i decided to setup
      the website to keep my readers a little bit up to date about the things
      written in the book.

      thomas

      panometr schrieb:

      > Hi Thomas,
      >
      > It is great to hear that your book is ready.
      > English version would be very appreciated.
      >
      > There is also another new book on Amazon about panoramas.
      > It was finally added to Amazon 2 days ago:
      > 'Mastering Digital Panoramic Photography'
      > ISBN-13: 978-1933952451
      > Link
      > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?\
      > pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_\
      > rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294
      > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294>>
      >
      > This is an English version of a book that was published first in German.
      > Panoramaphotographie: Theorie und Praxis
      > Link
      > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp\
      > /3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2
      > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp/3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2>>
      >
      > Thomas, can you refer to Herald Woeste work? What he forgot to write
      > about? What is only in your book?
      >
      > Which one do you recommend?
      > I will get both both books soon. :-)
      >
      > Regards,
      > Karol

    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
        YATTAAAAAAAAA!!!
        It is here!!!
        :0)
        I want to order a signed copy, to treasure in my shelves!!!
        One day I will write something too!!!

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com
      • Thomas Bredenfeld
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
          hi luca!

          thanks for your post!

          luca vascon schrieb:

          > YATTAAAAAAAAA!!! It is here!!! :0) I want to order a signed copy, to
          > treasure in my shelves!!!

          did you mean you ordered one or did you mean me to send you one ;-)
          (caution, it's in german! ;-) )

          One day I will write something too!!!

          oh yeah! what about? panoramic stuff too?

          special thanks to you for connecting me with martino!

          cheers
          thomas