Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: new book about panoramic photography and a big thank you

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31 1:53 PM
      "panometr" <k_kwiatek@...> wrote
      > Thomas, can you refer to Herald Woeste work? What he forgot to write
      > about? What is only in your book?

      Harald asked me to proofread some chapters of his book. It has a totally
      different approach than Thomas. He didn't want to write about specific
      software but to describe general concepts and approaches in the first
      part of his book (the one I proofread). The second part describes some
      possible workflows using real life examples - again without paying much
      attention to specific programs.

      As far as I saw Thomas's approach is far more comprehensive but possibly
      more short lived, too. I think both books have their justification.

    • Thomas Bredenfeld
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 31 3:18 PM
        hi karol!

        of course i cannot give a really neutral statement about a book written
        by direct competitor and compare it to my own work ;-)

        as erik pointed out, harald has a different approach. i tried to be much
        more comprehensive and without the given page limit the book would have
        been ended at 500+ pages ;-)

        imho harald often stops before it get's interesting. the basic/historic
        part is relatively long and on the opposite side the output in any
        interactive manner (qtvr, flash etc.) is nearly completely omitted.

        eric is righgt: unfortunatly short lifetime is the destiny of any book
        about software. there's always a version dependency. i'm suffered from
        that with my 3 photoshop books. but in case of panoramic software time's
        running not that fast. to compensate this dependency i decided to setup
        the website to keep my readers a little bit up to date about the things
        written in the book.

        thomas

        panometr schrieb:

        > Hi Thomas,
        >
        > It is great to hear that your book is ready.
        > English version would be very appreciated.
        >
        > There is also another new book on Amazon about panoramas.
        > It was finally added to Amazon 2 days ago:
        > 'Mastering Digital Panoramic Photography'
        > ISBN-13: 978-1933952451
        > Link
        > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?\
        > pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_\
        > rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294
        > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294>>
        >
        > This is an English version of a book that was published first in German.
        > Panoramaphotographie: Theorie und Praxis
        > Link
        > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp\
        > /3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2
        > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp/3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2>>
        >
        > Thomas, can you refer to Herald Woeste work? What he forgot to write
        > about? What is only in your book?
        >
        > Which one do you recommend?
        > I will get both both books soon. :-)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Karol

      • luca vascon
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
          YATTAAAAAAAAA!!!
          It is here!!!
          :0)
          I want to order a signed copy, to treasure in my shelves!!!
          One day I will write something too!!!

          Luca Vascon.

          www.canalview.it
          www.officinepanottiche.com
        • Thomas Bredenfeld
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
            hi luca!

            thanks for your post!

            luca vascon schrieb:

            > YATTAAAAAAAAA!!! It is here!!! :0) I want to order a signed copy, to
            > treasure in my shelves!!!

            did you mean you ordered one or did you mean me to send you one ;-)
            (caution, it's in german! ;-) )

            One day I will write something too!!!

            oh yeah! what about? panoramic stuff too?

            special thanks to you for connecting me with martino!

            cheers
            thomas