Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: new book about panoramic photography and a big thank you

  • Don Bain
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2009

      On the US Amazon site that would be: http://tinyurl.com/yagxvaw
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 31, 2009
        "panometr" <k_kwiatek@...> wrote
        > Thomas, can you refer to Herald Woeste work? What he forgot to write
        > about? What is only in your book?

        Harald asked me to proofread some chapters of his book. It has a totally
        different approach than Thomas. He didn't want to write about specific
        software but to describe general concepts and approaches in the first
        part of his book (the one I proofread). The second part describes some
        possible workflows using real life examples - again without paying much
        attention to specific programs.

        As far as I saw Thomas's approach is far more comprehensive but possibly
        more short lived, too. I think both books have their justification.

      • Thomas Bredenfeld
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 31, 2009
          hi karol!

          of course i cannot give a really neutral statement about a book written
          by direct competitor and compare it to my own work ;-)

          as erik pointed out, harald has a different approach. i tried to be much
          more comprehensive and without the given page limit the book would have
          been ended at 500+ pages ;-)

          imho harald often stops before it get's interesting. the basic/historic
          part is relatively long and on the opposite side the output in any
          interactive manner (qtvr, flash etc.) is nearly completely omitted.

          eric is righgt: unfortunatly short lifetime is the destiny of any book
          about software. there's always a version dependency. i'm suffered from
          that with my 3 photoshop books. but in case of panoramic software time's
          running not that fast. to compensate this dependency i decided to setup
          the website to keep my readers a little bit up to date about the things
          written in the book.

          thomas

          panometr schrieb:

          > Hi Thomas,
          >
          > It is great to hear that your book is ready.
          > English version would be very appreciated.
          >
          > There is also another new book on Amazon about panoramas.
          > It was finally added to Amazon 2 days ago:
          > 'Mastering Digital Panoramic Photography'
          > ISBN-13: 978-1933952451
          > Link
          > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?\
          > pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_\
          > rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294
          > <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1933952458/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1A94XZGC3B7Q5SQ0P07R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294>>
          >
          > This is an English version of a book that was published first in German.
          > Panoramaphotographie: Theorie und Praxis
          > Link
          > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp\
          > /3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2
          > <http://www.amazon.de/Panoramafotografie-Theorie-Praxis-Harald-Woeste/dp/3898644405/ref=pd_sim_b_2>>
          >
          > Thomas, can you refer to Herald Woeste work? What he forgot to write
          > about? What is only in your book?
          >
          > Which one do you recommend?
          > I will get both both books soon. :-)
          >
          > Regards,
          > Karol

        • luca vascon
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
            YATTAAAAAAAAA!!!
            It is here!!!
            :0)
            I want to order a signed copy, to treasure in my shelves!!!
            One day I will write something too!!!

            Luca Vascon.

            www.canalview.it
            www.officinepanottiche.com
          • Thomas Bredenfeld
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
              hi luca!

              thanks for your post!

              luca vascon schrieb:

              > YATTAAAAAAAAA!!! It is here!!! :0) I want to order a signed copy, to
              > treasure in my shelves!!!

              did you mean you ordered one or did you mean me to send you one ;-)
              (caution, it's in german! ;-) )

              One day I will write something too!!!

              oh yeah! what about? panoramic stuff too?

              special thanks to you for connecting me with martino!

              cheers
              thomas