Re[2]: [PanoToolsNG] new forum set up

  • Thomas Rauscher
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 11, 2006
      Hello Mickael,

      on Tuesday, July 11, 2006, 02:16:19 you wrote:

      mt> ahuum,

      mt> Yahoo and such html email suck, always have and always will, untill
      mt> standards are achieved.
      mt> email should just be that and no more: plain text that ALL READERS can read.

      Have you seen the option at "Edit Membership"
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/join ?

      Just set the "Message Preference" to "Traditional" and you will have
      nice ASCII emails.... ;)

      MfG,
      Thomas.
    • mickael therer
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 11, 2006
        am I dumb, or am I dumb ?

        thank you Thomas !

        -m

        --
        http://www.360days.com
        http://ww2panorama.org
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 11, 2006
          Well Shut my mouth(keyboard)

          " Re: new forum set up
          Posted by: "yuval_levy" yuval_levy@... [ my
          email address is, like yours in the digest]

          "--- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, de gava
          <wblakesx@...> wrote:
          > For a start it would be nice to set up a faq, list
          of...

          "Anything else? [ yes, here was an enquiry, not a
          statement ]

          "For a start, it would be nice if you would introduce
          yourself.

          "I searched for
          "de gava" and for your email address and came across
          nothing vr but
          the June 12 yahoo mail worm that infected so many ...I
          don't
          even know if "de gava" is your real name. From Google
          I found out that
          you are probably in Miami and you might have written
          an article about
          voting machines fraud. YahooGroups. [ and who said the
          inquisition was dead? and this para has a peculiar
          traducatory feel if not intent]

          "Maybe I was not clear when I wrote the welcome
          message to this list -
          specifically what is on topic and what is not. [ no
          it is Not at all clear, and if you examine it from a
          npov...]

          "There is another list that
          deals with how we want to organize ourself. Feel free
          to read it and
          make yourself aquainted with the little insignificant
          [ wow you have a strange prose style] problems that
          this community is currently dealing with. [ where?
          where's the link?, are you a good mod? or a soso mod?
          ]
          Then make whatever
          proposition seems sensible to you. [ after being
          castigated for the same thing? sorta puts a damper on
          ykwim? as does :]
          I suspect that for the time being
          you will not find many volunteers for your plans [ I
          think you may have driven a few off ], but nice try
          anyway.[ Are you a native English speaker? this kind
          of phrase is rather jarring, like my Italian friend
          saying to black people and jews, "you people", of
          course he says it to everyone, but the black people
          don't know it. I rather hope you aren't very fluent in
          the language]

          Sorry all. I've alienated a mod and perhaps afew
          others. I'm getting the feeling that it is too stuffy
          around here and I don't need this shizo treatment.
          Perhaps I'll place a proxy here or perhaps I'll bugger
          off. I was trying to move the group to a higher
          ground, but I can see many here are caught up in
          details, like close ups.
          -David, my real name

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • de gava
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 12, 2006
            I see no answer to my last post perhaps i should
            drop the issue and move on, but first: It should be
            remembered by those on the digest scheme that Fora
            are arranged by Threads. Threads are easy to opt out
            of and contain their own subject matter, so why a
            narrow and capricious take on what may be posted?
            After all many have made 'off topic ' comments and
            will continue. Otoh this is a new beginning and a
            proper time and place to Institute...institutional
            utilities.
            That said, and hoping and 'controversy' is settled,
            noted that Fora have threads as a constituent and a
            proper differentiation pointed out, : I belong to a
            Forum for old cars ( to keep mine running). Everytime
            I go there there is at least one post from the
            ministers stating that For Sale items have their own
            page and a link give. This thread is posted Every
            dayin that forum. Explicitly, such a device can aid
            navigation tremendously as it can tip to a nav page
            and queries can be directected there.
            As it is the thread will jumble, perhaps that will
            make for more dedicated membership, there's generally
            a sort of yin to yang thing, but it also opens up some
            other probs.
            I hope someone is glad I didn't just bugger off.
            Hope some here can read the tea leaves.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • serge Maandag (yahoo)
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 12, 2006
              > After all many have made 'off topic ' comments and
              > will continue. Otoh this is a new beginning and a
              > proper time and place to Institute...institutional
              > utilities.

              Off-topic will only become a problem once it gets annoying.
              No worries. This looks to me like something regarding a
              wish list for rules/regulations. That definitely belongs to
              the Panotools-List list :)
              Please join us there.

              > I hope someone is glad I didn't just bugger off.

              Yep, here is one.
              Welcome to the group!

              Serge.
            • tflyfish2002
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 12, 2006
                Man,
                You've got more Rabbit than Sainsbury's.
                Why not sign your posts and you might get taken a bit more seriously.
                I don't wish to start a Flame war, but the word Troll comes to mind.
                So correct me if I am wrong.

                Bazzer-- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, de gava <wblakesx@...> wrote:

                > I see no answer to my last post perhaps i should
                > drop the issue and move on, but first: It should be
                > remembered by those on the digest scheme that Fora
                > are arranged by Threads. Threads are easy to opt out
                > of and contain their own subject matter, so why a
                > narrow and capricious take on what may be posted?
                > After all many have made 'off topic ' comments and
                > will continue. Otoh this is a new beginning and a
                > proper time and place to Institute...institutional
                > utilities.
                > That said, and hoping and 'controversy' is settled,
                > noted that Fora have threads as a constituent and a
                > proper differentiation pointed out, : I belong to a
                > Forum for old cars ( to keep mine running). Everytime
                > I go there there is at least one post from the
                > ministers stating that For Sale items have their own
                > page and a link give. This thread is posted Every
                > dayin that forum. Explicitly, such a device can aid
                > navigation tremendously as it can tip to a nav page
                > and queries can be directected there.
                > As it is the thread will jumble, perhaps that will
                > make for more dedicated membership, there's generally
                > a sort of yin to yang thing, but it also opens up some
                > other probs.
                > I hope someone is glad I didn't just bugger off.
                > Hope some here can read the tea leaves.

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Ian Wood
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 13, 2006
                  (Puts on shiny new moderators hat)

                  This list is for shiny, happy people having fun discussing panoramas.

                  All politics and/or list management topics should be discussed in the
                  appropriate place:

                  (Takes off shiny new moderators hat)

                  Ian
                • yuval_levy
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 13, 2006
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

                    > (Puts on shiny new moderators hat)
                    >
                    > This list is for shiny, happy people having fun discussing panoramas.
                    >
                    > All politics and/or list management topics should be discussed in the
                    > appropriate place:
                    >
                    > (Takes off shiny new moderators hat)

                    I think this is what Bazzer was trying to say to our exhuberant
                    anonymous newbie and I respect Bazzer for that. We know him and we
                    know he does not have flowers in his mouth. We know his panoramas work
                    and we know that he is often helpful with peer support online.

                    Not things that can be said about "de gava", who wonders why a Jew
                    with Italian as mother tongue and four additional languages under his
                    belt does not answer his off-topic posts and off-list provocations in
                    which his answer to a request for panorama related credential reads
                    like a dating ad?

                    People who have been around in this community long enough know me and
                    my panorama credentials. They also know that I don't have flowers in
                    my mouth either. I rather not answer the provocation than spit fire.

                    shiny happy people laughing.
                    Yuv
                  • de gava
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 13, 2006
                      This is outrageous use of this list after the caution
                      given by this jerk to me!!! Bipolar is my guess. Loose
                      name dropping and putting words into other's mouths
                      seems alittle too 'happy' for me. He has my email and
                      is abusing the list and any staus mod or not within. I
                      take this as a personal attack as is generally grounds
                      for banning or a caution. And the Anti Jew Jew baiting
                      is extemely offensive.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Kathy Wheeler
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 13, 2006
                        I am sure I do not need to remind the good members of this list that
                        inflammatory posts, deliberate or otherwise, should not be responded
                        to either on list or off.

                        Regards,
                        KathyW.
                      • Flemming V. Larsen
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 14, 2006
                          Totally agree. As a wise person once said:

                          "Not until we understand, that deep down we really don't understand each
                          other, we can begin to understand"

                          so be polite and tolerant - and if you still want to bang your head on
                          somebody try some other place - perhaps here.....;-):
                          http://widelec.org/zidane.html

                          - Flemming ;-)