Re: [PanoToolsNG] Teatro Olympico

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2009
      On 10/30/2009 3:16 PM, panong_jl's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
      typed ...:
      > http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/to/
      >
      > Thought you might like this both as an example of low light hand held
      > pano making and as a record of an extraordinary relic of 16thc theatre
      > design. Built in Vicenza 1580-85 to a design by Palladio.
      >
      > No flash or tripods are allowed in the theatre so I made this at 2500
      > iso with a D3X and a 16mm lens. Though there are still numerous
      > stitching errors, the pano gives an opportunity to see this theatre
      > with its highly raked 'street' giving enhanced perspective and
      > elaborate ceiling above the stage.

      A *real* panorama photographer would've said to hell with the rules!,
      whipped out the tripod he had stuffed up his pants leg and fired off a
      complete sphere before he was drug out of there kicking and screaming by
      the carabiniere to some dank dark dungeon on an unknown island off of
      Sicily. But no. You had to follow the rules. =8^)

      Nice theatre. Are all of the walls, including the stage walls, marble?

      Thanks for sharing this.

      > Enjoy!
      >
      > JL
      >
      > John Law Panoramas