AW: [PanoToolsNG] Playing Panoramas on CD for WIN

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
      Willy,
      I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
      Both set in the autorun -parameters.

      Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
      not work on a PC with interactive
      images.

      Ciao
      Mike

      ----------------------------
      ----------------------------
      360? VR Fotografie:
      http://www.360de.de

      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
      -----------------------------
      Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
      http://virtugraf.wordpress.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
        Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote
        > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
        > with low computer skills.... ?

        On windows you can automatically run a CD. If not turned off something
        you specified in a file named autorun.inf is run after you inserted the
        CD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorun

        You can have a complete tour in a SWF file and start it together with
        the stand alone player...

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
          The easiest way: If you are using FPP+FFC, after you finish making your
          tour: ONE click on a button, and you have everything ready to be burned on
          CD's for both Mac's and PC's.

          There are many other more complicated ways to do it of course. I prefer the
          one click solution.

          Trausti

          On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

          > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
          > with low computer skills.... ?

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
            On 30 Oct 2009 at 22:29, erik_leeman wrote:

            > Hi Willy,
            >
            > Looks like you forgot about the Flash projector option.
            > Link all flash files internally beforehand, then just a double click to start it. Would that work for you?

            I made my first Flash projector tour today , and it worked like a charm.
            I used FPP and Flashificator, so it was simply a matter of clicking a button - and there
            it was, complete with autorun and everything. I was running it from an USB stick thugh,
            whch requires a slightly different autorun file.
            It also included Mac files apparently.

            > Cheers!
            >
            > Erik Leeman
            >
            > (www.erikleeman.com)
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena wrote:
            > >
            > > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
            > > with low computer skills.... ?
            >
            > > I can see 3 ways
            > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply
            > > drag the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
            > >
            > > - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide
            > > a shortcut to the index.html
            > >
            > > - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally
            > > on that CD stored website/folders
            > >
            > > as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know
            > > what could happen on any WIN machine out there...
            > >
            > > Willy Kaemena

          • Paul Fretheim
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009

              > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
              > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player

              Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
              Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last spring.

              Paul Fretheim
            • Paulo Fernandes
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                If you use a standalone player (aka projector,
                anyone remenbers when Director was our only
                option? Haaa memories...) you don't need to
                Re-distribute the installer.

                But isn't the player free to redistribute? I recall
                Apple only requested a signed contract, a logo
                on the box and a sample of the product. But
                that was a long time ago...

                Com os melhores cumprimentos,

                Paulo Fernandes
                Multimedia

                Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
                Sent from my mobile phone.
                ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
                e Multimédia
                Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
                4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
                Tel. +351 252 119 375
                Fax. +351 252 119 375
                ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                No dia 2009/10/31, às 01:53, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> escreveu:

                > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
                > > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
                >
                > Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
                > Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last
                > spring.
                >
                > Paul Fretheim

              • Trausti Hraunfjord
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                  It is open source now. Used to be restricted some years ago.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swf

                  Trausti

                • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 31, 2009
                    Quoting ptgroup <ptgroup@...>:

                    > Willy,
                    > I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
                    > Both set in the autorun -parameters.
                    >
                    > Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
                    > not work on a PC with interactive
                    > images.
                    has anybody mentioned fspviewer ?
                    http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm