Re: Playing Panoramas on CD for WIN

  • erik_leeman
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
      Hi Willy,

      Looks like you forgot about the Flash projector option.
      Link all flash files internally beforehand, then just a double click to start it. Would that work for you?

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman

      (www.erikleeman.com)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena wrote:

      > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
      > with low computer skills.... ?

      > I can see 3 ways
      > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply
      > drag the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
      >
      > - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide
      > a shortcut to the index.html
      >
      > - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally
      > on that CD stored website/folders
      >
      > as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know
      > what could happen on any WIN machine out there...
      >
      > Willy Kaemena
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
        Willy,
        I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
        Both set in the autorun -parameters.

        Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
        not work on a PC with interactive
        images.

        Ciao
        Mike

        ----------------------------
        ----------------------------
        360? VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
          Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote
          > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
          > with low computer skills.... ?

          On windows you can automatically run a CD. If not turned off something
          you specified in a file named autorun.inf is run after you inserted the
          CD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorun

          You can have a complete tour in a SWF file and start it together with
          the stand alone player...

        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
            The easiest way: If you are using FPP+FFC, after you finish making your
            tour: ONE click on a button, and you have everything ready to be burned on
            CD's for both Mac's and PC's.

            There are many other more complicated ways to do it of course. I prefer the
            one click solution.

            Trausti

            On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

            > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
            > with low computer skills.... ?

          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
              On 30 Oct 2009 at 22:29, erik_leeman wrote:

              > Hi Willy,
              >
              > Looks like you forgot about the Flash projector option.
              > Link all flash files internally beforehand, then just a double click to start it. Would that work for you?

              I made my first Flash projector tour today , and it worked like a charm.
              I used FPP and Flashificator, so it was simply a matter of clicking a button - and there
              it was, complete with autorun and everything. I was running it from an USB stick thugh,
              whch requires a slightly different autorun file.
              It also included Mac files apparently.

              > Cheers!
              >
              > Erik Leeman
              >
              > (www.erikleeman.com)
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena wrote:
              > >
              > > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
              > > with low computer skills.... ?
              >
              > > I can see 3 ways
              > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply
              > > drag the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
              > >
              > > - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide
              > > a shortcut to the index.html
              > >
              > > - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally
              > > on that CD stored website/folders
              > >
              > > as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know
              > > what could happen on any WIN machine out there...
              > >
              > > Willy Kaemena

            • Paul Fretheim
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009

                > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
                > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player

                Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
                Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last spring.

                Paul Fretheim
              • Paulo Fernandes
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                  If you use a standalone player (aka projector,
                  anyone remenbers when Director was our only
                  option? Haaa memories...) you don't need to
                  Re-distribute the installer.

                  But isn't the player free to redistribute? I recall
                  Apple only requested a signed contract, a logo
                  on the box and a sample of the product. But
                  that was a long time ago...

                  Com os melhores cumprimentos,

                  Paulo Fernandes
                  Multimedia

                  Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
                  Sent from my mobile phone.
                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                  Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
                  e Multimédia
                  Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
                  4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
                  Tel. +351 252 119 375
                  Fax. +351 252 119 375
                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                  No dia 2009/10/31, às 01:53, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> escreveu:

                  > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
                  > > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
                  >
                  > Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
                  > Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last
                  > spring.
                  >
                  > Paul Fretheim

                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                    It is open source now. Used to be restricted some years ago.

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swf

                    Trausti

                  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 31, 2009
                      Quoting ptgroup <ptgroup@...>:

                      > Willy,
                      > I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
                      > Both set in the autorun -parameters.
                      >
                      > Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
                      > not work on a PC with interactive
                      > images.
                      has anybody mentioned fspviewer ?
                      http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm