Playing Panoramas on CD for WIN

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
      What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
      with low computer skills.... ?

      I can see 3 ways

      - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
      the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player

      - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide a
      shortcut to the index.html

      - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally on
      that CD stored website/folders

      as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know what
      could happen on any WIN machine out there...

      Willy Kaemena

    • erik_leeman
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
        Hi Willy,

        Looks like you forgot about the Flash projector option.
        Link all flash files internally beforehand, then just a double click to start it. Would that work for you?

        Cheers!

        Erik Leeman

        (www.erikleeman.com)

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena wrote:

        > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
        > with low computer skills.... ?

        > I can see 3 ways
        > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply
        > drag the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
        >
        > - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide
        > a shortcut to the index.html
        >
        > - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally
        > on that CD stored website/folders
        >
        > as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know
        > what could happen on any WIN machine out there...
        >
        > Willy Kaemena
      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
          Willy,
          I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
          Both set in the autorun -parameters.

          Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
          not work on a PC with interactive
          images.

          Ciao
          Mike

          ----------------------------
          ----------------------------
          360? VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de

          NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          http://www.abstraktfoto.de
          -----------------------------
          Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
            Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote
            > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
            > with low computer skills.... ?

            On windows you can automatically run a CD. If not turned off something
            you specified in a file named autorun.inf is run after you inserted the
            CD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorun

            You can have a complete tour in a SWF file and start it together with
            the stand alone player...

          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
              The easiest way: If you are using FPP+FFC, after you finish making your
              tour: ONE click on a button, and you have everything ready to be burned on
              CD's for both Mac's and PC's.

              There are many other more complicated ways to do it of course. I prefer the
              one click solution.

              Trausti

              On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

              > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
              > with low computer skills.... ?

            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                On 30 Oct 2009 at 22:29, erik_leeman wrote:

                > Hi Willy,
                >
                > Looks like you forgot about the Flash projector option.
                > Link all flash files internally beforehand, then just a double click to start it. Would that work for you?

                I made my first Flash projector tour today , and it worked like a charm.
                I used FPP and Flashificator, so it was simply a matter of clicking a button - and there
                it was, complete with autorun and everything. I was running it from an USB stick thugh,
                whch requires a slightly different autorun file.
                It also included Mac files apparently.

                > Cheers!
                >
                > Erik Leeman
                >
                > (www.erikleeman.com)
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena wrote:
                > >
                > > What is the most viable way to show panoramas off a CD by somebody
                > > with low computer skills.... ?
                >
                > > I can see 3 ways
                > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply
                > > drag the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
                > >
                > > - Store folders with files and index.html on the CD and provide
                > > a shortcut to the index.html
                > >
                > > - prepare a powerpoint with external links linking to the locally
                > > on that CD stored website/folders
                > >
                > > as I cannot test it on a typical WIN environment , I dont know
                > > what could happen on any WIN machine out there...
                > >
                > > Willy Kaemena

              • Paul Fretheim
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009

                  > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
                  > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player

                  Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
                  Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last spring.

                  Paul Fretheim
                • Paulo Fernandes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                    If you use a standalone player (aka projector,
                    anyone remenbers when Director was our only
                    option? Haaa memories...) you don't need to
                    Re-distribute the installer.

                    But isn't the player free to redistribute? I recall
                    Apple only requested a signed contract, a logo
                    on the box and a sample of the product. But
                    that was a long time ago...

                    Com os melhores cumprimentos,

                    Paulo Fernandes
                    Multimedia

                    Enviado desde o meu telemóvel.
                    Sent from my mobile phone.
                    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                    Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia
                    e Multimédia
                    Calçada do Lidador, 22, 1ºAndar
                    4480-690 Vila do Conde Portugal
                    Tel. +351 252 119 375
                    Fax. +351 252 119 375
                    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

                    No dia 2009/10/31, às 01:53, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> escreveu:

                    > > - Flash SWF file and standalone Flash player on CD ( simply drag
                    > > the SWF icon on a shortcut to the Flash Standalone player
                    >
                    > Has Adobe started to license redistribution of the installer for a
                    > Standalone Flash Player? They were not offering such a license last
                    > spring.
                    >
                    > Paul Fretheim

                  • Trausti Hraunfjord
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 30, 2009
                      It is open source now. Used to be restricted some years ago.

                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swf

                      Trausti

                    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 31, 2009
                        Quoting ptgroup <ptgroup@...>:

                        > Willy,
                        > I would think of a html- system or a Easypano- Tour.
                        > Both set in the autorun -parameters.
                        >
                        > Powerpoint would be the very last solution I would think of - guess it will
                        > not work on a PC with interactive
                        > images.
                        has anybody mentioned fspviewer ?
                        http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm