Re: Android phone adaption for immersive viewing

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
      That reminded me of the same application Aldo Hoeben made with a tablet computer a few years ago.

      http://www.hoeben.net/aldo/wohoo_i_am_famous

      They've finally caught up with him!

      Phil
    • Henri Smeets
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
        That is really cool!

        Now we need this for the iPhone I guess, PangeaVR already changes the
        orientation according to the rotation of the iPhone but the compass isn't
        supported yet (Brian?)

        I've also done a little pilot with Layar during the PICNIC09 conference,
        showing a panorama on the spot it was taken two years earlier. Resolution
        was rather low an the motion was a little jerky but it looks promising.
      • Tom Longson (nym)
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
          The Google Maps application does StreetView, which is what you're seeing in
          that video. The G1 comes with Google Maps, so, yes, it does it out of the
          box. There are many other examples, such as Google Sky, Wikitude, Layar, ...

          So, really anyone with a bit of experience programming and an Android phone
          can do this. It's only a matter of time until we have pano players on the
          platform. The Nov 6th release of the Moto DROID is going to make the Android
          market explode.

          Cheers,
          Tom Longson (nym)
          http://tomlongson.com