Re: iMac27" or other wide screens

  • fierodeval
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 25, 2009
      I agree with Hans. Usually all viewers use the vertical FOV to manage the zoom (VFOV=45/zoom), and horizontal FOV is free. But when the screen is very stretched it's better to use horizontal FOV to manage the zoom (HFOV=45/zoom) and leave VFOV free. This way, with other viewers when you increase the wide of the screen, you increase the horizontal FOV and VFOV is always the same. With FFP when you increase the wide of the screen, the HFOV is always the same and the image only is augmented and VFOV decreases.

      Recently I added an option to use HFOV or VFOV to manage the zoom in DevalVR. But maybe the best way is to implement in all viewers an automatic selection in the same way that FFP.

      regards!
      fiero

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bigwade <celsius@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Today I visited the Mac shop in Utrecht NL to see the new iMac27"
      > > Wow, it's big....and a NICE MACHINE...
      > > The wide screen is 2560x1440 pix (3.55:2)
      > > The iMac 24" is 19200x1200. (3.2:2)
      > > The problem is FullScreen pano's looks horrible.....
      > > The edges are stretched too much even with a 70 degr. view pano.
      > > Since screens are going the wideview way we have another problem.
      > > The original idea about FS pano's @6000x3000 pix equis is over, at least on
      > > this screen.
      > > Now what ??
      >
      > No problem. Just use FPP as viewer,
      > Check www.panoramas.dk. Do you find any stretched panos even if the view in the browser is sometimes 3:1.
      > In Real Fullscreen the view adapts to any screensize
      >
      > FPP uses intelligent FOV which adapts to the proportions of the display.
      > You set a zoom value instead of a FOV and you will always have a nice view without any distortions at the corners.
      >
      > Hans

    • Ken Warner
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 31, 2009
        Here's something related...

        http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10387590-1.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0

        New Apple iMacs plagued by choppy Flash video playback?